Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- WWE is considering two options for Brock Lesnar’s WrestleMania 36 opponent, according to TalkSport. One is a “rubber match” with Cain Velasquez. The other is Tyson Fury. Fury’s considered more likely if he wins a planned fight with Deontay Wilder to claim boxing’s WBC Heavyweight crown.
- Mauro Ranallo has informed WWE officials he’ll be back to call NXT this week, per Pro Wrestling Sheet.
- Steve Austin’s interview with Undertaker on the premiere of The Broken Skull Sessions reportedly did better for WWE Network than TakeOver: WarGames.
- Charlotte Flair & Andrade filed for some interesting trademarks lately. She’s seeking rights to “Ashley Flair” and “The Queen of Wrestling”, he’s claiming “El Idolo” and “La Sombra”. WWE owns “Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas” and CMLL “La Sombra”, but there are no records of a “Charlotte Flair” trademark.
- A writer on the SmackDown! vs. Raw video game claims the negative reception and poor sales of WWE 2K20 has caused developers to quit and will result in a lower budget for next year’s game.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.