Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Brock Lesnar is currently scheduled to work Royal Rumble, and it’s not expected we’ll see him again until 2020.
- Samoa Joe is currently scheduled to do commentary on Monday Night Raw this evening, says the Observer.
- Speaking of announcing, they also say Jerry Lawler was never meant to be on the Raw team long term and Lawler himself recently said he’s unsure how long her would be on but that he’s signed a new deal with the company within the past month.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted current TLC plans call for Roman Reigns vs. Baron Corbin in a stipulation match, and Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair challenging for the women’s tag team titles.
- Meltzer also said that Mauro Ranallo is doing much better and could return to NXT soon. It’s still unclear when that will be, however.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.