News Rumor Roundup: CM Punk, Rousey vs. Bliss plan, Ricochet injury, more!

Discussion in 'Wrestling News Feed' started by Wrestling News, Aug 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. [​IMG]
    Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
    Rumors for the Day:

• If Ring of Honor loses its top stars like Cody and The Young Bucks to WWE early next year, don’t be surprised if they go even harder after CM Punk for the Madison Square Garden show in April.
    • According to the Observer, it’s expected the Ronda Rousey vs. Alexa Bliss match at SummerSlam will be scripted move-for-move at the WWE Performance Center beforehand.
    • Ricochet is still dealing with an injury he suffered in early June, notes the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
    • PW Insider says there are a number of MLW regulars who WWE has shown great interest in, not least of which are the likes of Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix, who had previously been the subject of these rumors.
    • That site also says MLW has signed Brian Pillman Jr. to a long term deal.

If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!

Continue reading...

2. This match should go for 90 seconds or less...

The longer the match goes for...the worse Ronda
    will look.

I do not buy for a single second that Alexa Bliss
    could be a legitimate opponent for Ronda...let
    alone a legitimate for ANYONE.

Get that belt off Alexa & keep her away from
    any title for at least a year.

• Like Like x 1
    • RoH won't lose them hopefully. I mean, they have worked way too hard for this, man.
    • Figures, but as long as Ronda wins, I don't care.
    • F for Ricochet
    • WWE would fuck over Pentagon Jr. and Ray Fenix easily and piss them away
    • Awesome.

3. I don't think its as simple as that.

Alexa Bliss has been protected more than Roman Reigns
    ever since she made the main roster...and I fear that Ronda
    will be made to look like a chump if the match goes for too
    long.

They've had Alexa last 15 minutes against both Asuka &
    Charlotte even when she's been defeated...so I expect
    they'll book the same kind of match against Ronda...and
    it will make Ronda look weak as piss when they do.

It should be a 90 second squash match like Goldberg/Lesnar II...
    but it won't be.

At least Nia had her size & weight to act as a counter balance
    to Ronda's abilities...Alexa Bliss literally has nothing but mic
    skills & a cute butt.

What is she going to do? Talk Ronda into submission?

Seriously...Bliss sucks in the ring & she should just go
    be an actress like Eva Marie.

In fact...Alexa Bliss, Carmella & Nia Jax can all fuck off
    as far as I'm concerned.

I actually missed the original news...and yeah...I have
    to agree. Pentagon & Fenix would be neutered on the
    main roster.

Both would be excellent in NXT though...

Aleister Black vs. Pentagon Jr. would be amazing to see.

4. If Alexa wins over Ronda then that is the biggest pile of bullshit I would ever see, and would just be stupid. I know Ronda is still green and everything, but still, you know.

Eh, even in NXT I don't think they will do so well either to some extent, truth be told.

5. They MAY have Natalya turn on Ronda & start a little
    faction with Bliss being "protected" by Mickie & Nattie...
    (perhaps they could teach her how to work a match?)
    & save Ronda winning the title for Australia or the
    Evolution pay per view.

They technically have already had Alexa taint Ronda's
    run with her cash in at MitB...which is just sad.

That's a fair call...I mean some performers are best
    left completely outside of the WWE system.

I mean I love Rosemary & I'd love to see her wrestle/feud
    with Charlotte/Becky/Sasha/Bayley/Asuka...but I doubt
    she'd be the same "character" in the WWE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. How does that taint it? A heel did a heel thing to set up the baby-face to get her revenge. Wrestling 101

7. Yes...but the heel was Alexa Bliss...& the
    face was RONDA FUCKING ROUSEY!!!

Do you understand what I'm getting at?

Its like Jinder pinning Nakamura or Carmella
    pinning Asuka...its just fucking wrong.

8. No because Ronda didn't get pinned. Ronda didn't look bad coming out of it. Just made people want to see her beat Alexa up. The segment on raw that followed money in the bank showed that no steam was lost. There's more money in the chase.

9. The Bucks and Cody are not going to WWE, they shouldn't worry about that.. and these wrestling promotions need to leave CM Punk alone.. I don't see how he can be any more clearer about being done with wrestling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Still, Nattie and Mickie protecting Alexa and such is just plain outright dumb. Also, remember according to Alexa she knows how to work a match and everything, but doesn't show or something dumb like that. Ronda winning in Australia would be pointless, sorry mate, and the main event at Evolution is probably going to be the Four Horsewomen vs the Four Faux Horsewomen, that why it draws people into actually watching it.

Exactly, my point. Outside of WWE you can do and be whatever the hell you want, but once your inside you have to play to their fiddle, you know. Rosemary would be ruined and just become a jobber, truth be told.

11. WWE is show business. Actors don't expect to write there own scripts and tell their own story. WWE isn't the indy scene, where wrestlers can be more independent.

12. You don't say.

13. You are just making it seem like WWE are in the wrong for not allowing talent to do what the hell want

14. K.

15. That 4 horsewomen idea is dead.. Ronda should be in a more high profile match than being involved with 6 other women the fans don't care about.. Charlotte and Ronda can't carry that entire match.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I wouldn't say dead per say, but I think so many people know it is going to happen that it won't as special, you know. WWE is going to make that match happen. I mean, people all like all the people involved. People like Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte, and Becky as well as many people like Ronda, Shayne, Jessyaman, and Roderick Strong's wife, who I fought the name of, and really if anything Becky and Shayna and Ronda, if she gets better, and Charlotte could carry the match more than anything because of them being very good and such, you know. Honestly, if all the women bring their A Game and everything, which means Sasha won't botch or screw something up, it would be a good match in theory, you know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That's kinda the issue.. The only people in that match that matter at all is Ronda, Shayna, Becky and Charlotte... A tag team match with those 4 would be epic.. Ronda & Shayna vs. Becky & Charlotte sounds great.. That could easily headline Evolution, but a 8 women tag when half the people involved don't mean shit sounds awful... 8 women tag matches are always shit anyways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Oh I agree, and the other two who would be for the MMA side would probably be way too green and it would show, you know. I agree though Ronda and Shayna vs Becky and Charlotte would be great/very good as a match by itself. I wouldn't say Duke and the other don't mean shit because of them not showing up yet as well as the fact they have fans form their UFC days, you know. I agree once again about the 8 Women Tag matches being shit, but that can also be said about the men as well just because they always end up being messy no matter what, you know.

19. Yeah...I've noticed that.

A lot of fans are like:

"Alexa actually has skill...she just doesn't show it because it makes
    her a better heel"

Which maybe the dumbest statement I've ever heard anyone make.

But...2 of the MMA Horsewomen haven't even debuted in NXT yet.

I'm telling you...that 4 on 4 match is still a couple of years away.

That does sound like a fun match...but again...
    Shayna hasn't even shown up on the main roster.

Yet...

Although I'm still sensing some Anti-Sasha
    sentiments from you Brother Sheik.

• Like Like x 2