News Rumor Roundup: Dean Ambrose, CM Punk, Nikki Bella return, Neville, more!

Discussion in 'Wrestling News Feed' started by Wrestling News, May 12, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. [​IMG]
    Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
    Rumors for the Day:

• Per PW Insider, Dean Ambrose has been “pretty much living full-time in Birmingham, Alabama.” That’s where he is doing rehabilitation for his triceps.
    • With CM Punk doing a meet and greet during All In weekend for Pro Wrestling Tees, there is, of course, increased speculation that he’ll be involved with the actual All In event on Sept. 1. As of now, that does not appear to be in the plans.
    • On her Instagram, Nikki Bella said she is planning on making “an Iconic return.”
    • The Observer notes that Neville has moved back to the U.K. and his contract with WWE is being frozen much like Daniel Bryan’s was. The two sides do not appear close to working out their issues.
    • PW Insider notes there are no plans for future 205 Live house shows.

If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!

Continue reading...

2. So she's going to return & form a faction with Peyton or Billie...
    or...
    She winning the MitB ladder match?
    or
    She'll make Carmella her personal bitch again?

Honestly...I'd rather have Nikki Bella as SDL
    women's champion than Hot...But Lame.

Can someone explain to me what "Frozen" means
    in terms of a contract?

3. “In the event that WRESTLER is unable to wrestle for six (6) consecutive weeks during the Term of this Agreement, for any or no reason, including, without limitation, due to an injury suffered while performing services at PROMOTER’s direction, PROMOTER shall have the right to thereafter: (i) terminate this Agreement; (ii) suspend WRESTLER either with or without pay; and/or (iii) extend the Term of this Agreement for a period of time equal to the entire period of inability to wrestle, or any portion thereof. Upon certification by WRESTLER or PROMOTER’s physician during any period of suspension that WRESTLER is fully recovered and capable of performing all services as required under this Agreement, PROMOTER shall have the right to reinstate this Agreement, and it will thereafter continue to be of full force and effect throughout the remainder of the Term.”

if a wrestler is out of action – for ANY reason – for at least six weeks in a row, the Promoter (WWE) has three options of which it can do none, any or all:

• terminate the agreement entirely (subject to termination clauses elsewhere in the contract),
    • suspend the wrestler either with or without pay, or
    • extend the term of the agreement “for a period of time equal to the entire period of inability to wrestle”

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. So...Neville is basically stuck in wrestling "Purgatory"?

5. In simple terms, yes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Shame that...Neville would be a top card guy anywhere else...

:emoji_thinking:

Neville vs. Omega? Neville vs. Okada? Neville vs. Pentagon Jr.?

I'd watch those...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Neville vs Marty Scrull or Neville vs Will Osprey would be great as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Neville vs. Austin Aries for an Impact title...
    Neville vs. Fenix...
    Neville vs. Drago...
    Neville vs. Aerostar...

Okay...I'll stop now...

Let Neville go WWE you Pricks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Haven't we seen enough of the Bella Twins over the past decade?.. I don't see why anyone would want them back or why WWE would accept them back.. She's going to come back and do the same shit she's been doing for 10 years.. I use to like them but they're so incredibly stale to me now.. There's so many newer and fresh women i'd rather see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I mean they are very popular, so I would imagine WWE would be keen to make more money out of them.

They always get loud crowd reactions.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I doubt they make very much money anymore, unless it's Total Divas.. Just keep them for that show.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. A fair call...but I think the women's division is
    stronger with the Bellas than without them.

Plus I'd rather see Nikki Bella wrestle than
    Alexa, Carmella or Nia...some of those newer
    women who are all seriously lacking in the
    wrestling department.

A fair observation...

13. I mean Total Divas and Total Bellas generate shit tons of money, so featuring them on Raw and Smackdown can only be a smart business move. People who only watch Total Divas may get into wrestling if Nikki is advertised on Raw. Also I would presume that the 'Bella Army' are a group of fans that WWE can exploit for revenue. The Bella Twins really tap into that female demographic.

I don't know about anyone else, but Nikki's last run on Smackdown was actually pretty good. Nikki vs Natalya Elimination Chamber anyone? It's almost as if WWE only care about writing stories for woman unless it involves a Bella Twin.

14. Out of those 3, Nikki is only better than Carmella, who is terrible in the ring.. Nikki isn't anything special in the ring herself, although she is better than her sister.. I just don't think Nikki should be taking TV time away from the newer women getting called up from NXT. They have so many women now... She always gets a pop when she returns, but that's pretty much it with her.

• Like Like x 1
  15. :emoji_laughing:

I don't know man...she looked pretty sharp during her last run...
    & I'm not talking about her physical attributes.

But...most of the new women from NXT are terrible workers or just boring.

If I'm being brutally honest...Ruby Riott is the only one I give a damn about.

Alexa, Nia, Carmella, Sarah, Liv, Mandy, Sonya, Ember, Peyton, Billie...I mean...
    why should I care about any of them?

I mean Peyton & Billie are Australian...but every time I see them now I just want
    them to shut the fuck up...same with Alexa & Carmella.

Most of them (apart from Alexa & Carmella) were more interesting in NXT...
    most them just feel like they are "making up the numbers"

If the WWE want to push Ruby & Ember...then good...do that. They are
    great workers & both have a unique look.

Oh wait...they aren't white & blonde so they have no chance really.

I'm still waiting for Sasha & Becky to be given a "proper" push.

Of course with Ronda around...who knows what is going to happen.

Ugh...

Look...I don't have a problem with the Bellas & I'd gladly see them back on
    RAW or SDL.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Isn't that the point. Can't blame them for doing their job

Nikki is pretty underrated in the ring. Smarks seem to disregard her because she is a reality star and not from NXT. She is better than Alexa Carmella and Nia in the ring

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Why do I have to keep explaining this to people.

No...they suck at their jobs because they are making
    me hit the SKIP button not making me dislike them as
    heels.

Understand I know what a heel is meant to be...I just
    don't want to be annoyed while watching them.

Alexa, Carmella, Peyton, Billie...they need to shut their
    fucking mouths & actually act like heels...by...say...I
    don't know...attacking the faces backstage, burning
    or destroying their property, costing them important
    matches...anything but fucking talking.

TALK! TALK! TALK! TALK!

Remember when Carmella was feuding with Nikki
    Bella & she was constantly attacking her over & over
    again?

Actions speak louder than words & Carmella actually
    looked vicious & dangerous.

Now? she's just a clown with a horrible win/loss record
    who only has the title because Wrestlemania season is
    over.

Fuck...at the Riott Squad actually attack people & aren't
    a bunch of annoying bitches harping on with bullshit all
    the time.

I agree with this statement...

18. I have to agree with this while, I am not a huge Nikki Bella fan and just genuinely don't care for them, I do have to say she improved her skills greatly and was able to put on a decently good match here and there. Unlike, Alexa, Carmella, or even Nia, three women who I could never get into match wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. So specifically to you they are not effective heels.

But overall they are doing a pretty good job

20. I...what?