Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source told Inside The Ropes, “‘Vince McMahon couldn’t care less what anyone thinks about him using Goldberg’ and the head honcho still believes there is value in the Goldberg name in WWE.” Goldberg’s appearance in ThunderDome last Friday was supposed to help with ratings (it didn’t) and set up his return for Royal Rumble/WrestleMania season.
- In last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer wrote that WWE’s plan for Big E’s singles push is to “make him more serious.”
- WWE’s attempt to file trademarks on several performer’s names hit a snag, according to Wrestling Inc. In rejecting the filings, the US Patent & Trademark Office is requiring them to provide written consent from the individuals whose names they’re trying to trademark, such as Mia Yim, Drew Gulak, Tony Nese & Pete Dunne.
- Yim has since filed a trademark for her own name, so she obviously isn’t giving her consent to WWE.
- A trademark filing for “Dominik” may be a sign WWE is planning to turn Rey Mysterio’s son into their latest one-named Superstar.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.