Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, some people in WWE were hopeful that Goldberg would improvise lines in his promo on Raw to make up for Drew McIntyre’s promo being cut, but Goldberg didn’t budge from the original script.
- Fightful also says there is no heat from WWE on Snoop Dogg following his appearance on AEW Dynamite this week.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Bryan Alvarez said that Nick Jackson was worried that he broke his leg during Dynamite’s opening bout, and that’s why he didn’t use a superkick during the Bullet Club reunion. It turns out that Jackson only has a leg contusion, and he won’t miss any time.
- PW Insider notes that Timothy Thatcher’s injury is a work. NXT decided to push the Fight Pit back, so they created a kayfabe Thatcher injury to explain that decision.
- Insider was told that Carlito declined WWE’s offer to appear at Legends Night because he didn’t want to travel across the country just for a quick cameo.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.