Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- PW Insider mentions hearing that the reason AEW let Jon Moxley do the G-1 tournament was the hope that the promotion could work with NJPW down the line.
- The talk continues surrounding Vince McMahon potentially changing NXT but all sources indicate that won’t be the case, at least not at first.
- According to PW Insider, Bruce Prichard and Adam Pearce produced the 24/7 championship title changes WWE shot this weekend, including a FOX analyst winning the title from R-Truth and immediately losing it to Elias.
- Per WWE Network News, a special on the Intercontinental championship will be airing early next month.
- Cain Velasquez had talks with New Japan Pro Wrestling officials at the Super J-Cup in San Francisco, says Marc Raimondi of ESPN.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.