Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Jon Moxley is currently dealing with some sort of elbow injury.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that USA is actually paying WWE $60 million for two years.
- He also said there’s talk of paying NXT wrestlers better now that they’re going to USA Network.
- Per the Observer, the brand split will go back to being enforced in full after the first week of SmackDown on FOX.
- SummerSlam did 22,300 buys on pay-per-view this year, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.