Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- There was a ton of speculation after the show last night that Kairi Sane was injured, possibly concussed, in the main event of TLC. Bryan Alvarez tweeted she was being “medically checked out”, but that an actual diagnosis probably wouldn’t come until later today.
- Braun Strowman wasn’t medically cleared for TLC, which Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer says is why his rumored match with Shinsuke Nakamura wasn’t added to the card.
- He also said WWE decided it was “too early” for Bayley vs. Lacey Evans, and they want to hold it for Royal Rumble.
- The was no deal worked out between WWE and AAA which would have allowed Sin Cara to legally use that name on Saturday night, according to The Observer.
- Daniel Cormier said in an interview with BT Sport that he had an offer to work on WWE Backstage, and another to work the Crown Jewel press conference with Brock Lesnar & Cain Velasquez.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.