Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet had sources tells them that NXT will not change its product after moving to USA.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE is getting “$50 million or more” for putting NXT on USA Network.
- He also said the talk of WWE having to tone down The Fiend is just talk and there’s nothing to it.
- Vince McMahon missed WWE television this week due to the pending XFL announcements, says the Observer. It’s expected he’ll miss more WWE shows in the future as the XFL gets going.
- For whatever it’s worth, Kurt Angle told ESPN Brock Lesnar still wants to fight Jon Jones in the UFC. Jones played into it on Twitter with some trash talk.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.