Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet said recently that NXT TakeOver won’t take place over Royal Rumble weekend next year. There’s speculation that WWE will air TakeOver events the same nights as AEW pay-per-view shows.
- PW Insider notes that wrestlers contracted full time to AEW will be finishing up all other independent dates within the next couple weeks.
- They also say that AEW will tape more than just television each week, as they’ll create content for outside usage (like BR Live).
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that All Out pay-per-view numbers were up in the UK but significantly down stateside. Streaming, however, did roughly the same numbers.
- The Wrap says at least 40 people were laid off from AXS TV after the station was sold to Anthem Sports & Entertainment.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.