Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Current plans call for the new Raw commentary team to be Vic Joseph & Dio Maddin (former football player Brennan Williams, currently announcing 205 Live), according to WrestleVotes.
- WWE added “at least” a year of injury time to Jeff Hardy’s contract, per Fightful. That means Jeff’s locked up into 2021, and even if Matt opts to leave when his contract ends next March, signing the Hardy Boyz isn’t an option for AEW or anyone else.
- Based on cable & satellite listing, it does appear that AEW’s TNT show will be called “Dynamite”.
- Cathy Kelley will be working with Renee Young on WWE’s studio show for FS1, says PW Insider. Kelley will split her time between Los Angeles for that, and Orlando for NXT.
- Because “Are You Ready” by AC/DC was used in a video package for Kofi Kingston vs. Brock Lesnar, and because Vince McMahon is reportedly a big fan of the band, Wrestling Inc speculates it will be SmackDown’s new theme song on Fox.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.