News Rumor Roundup: Ronda Rousey, Baron Corbin push, Extreme Rules matches, more!

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:

• The Observer noted that the wrestlers who showed up at the Upfront presentations wasn’t indicative of anything beyond WWE wanting star power. So Ronda Rousey at the FOX Upfronts to promote SmackDown doesn’t necessarily mean she’ll be working that show.
  • Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Baron Corbin is being built up for a match with Seth Rollins.
  • Speaking of which, advertisements indicate that match is happening at Extreme Rules. Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton and Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias is also being advertised.
  • PW Insider notes there are wrestlers within WWE who don’t want to make the trip to Saudi Arabia for Super ShowDown on June 7.
  • New Japan World is at its highest level of subscribers ever after Dontaku, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.

Continue reading...

Grievous II

Is Unretrofied For You
Legend
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Baron Corbin is being built up for a match with Seth Rollins.
Why?

Corbin is proven to be ratings poison...& he's still a dumb ass for failing his MitB cash in.

Am I the only one still pissed off about that?

You ruined Corbin WWE...stop trying to rebuild what you destroyed.

Speaking of which, advertisements indicate that match is happening at Extreme Rules. Kofi Kingston vs. Kevin Owens vs. Randy Orton and Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias is also being advertised.
That triple threat spells doom for Kofi! Look out for Orton!

Also Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Elias?

You're serious?

That is pretty lame considering who Roman is meant to be in the eyes of the company.

They are so scared to actually push him now its fucking pathetic.

Its the same as last year when he faced Jinder Mahal at MitB & the audience would
have rather been anywhere else in the world during it.

PW Insider notes there are wrestlers within WWE who don’t want to make the trip to Saudi Arabia for Super ShowDown on June 7.
No surprise there.

Oh...& I like to apologize in advance if I sound like a "Smark"
whatever that is.

Seto-san

The Pumpkin King of Horror
Legend
Because people really want to see Corbin vs Seth...that match is going to be great...

Randy Orton in a Championship...how clever and impressive...

Roman vs Shane and Elias...man they know how to get the party started now...

New Japan world increasing in subs is the best news of this all as it supports my point I have been making.

• Wow
Reactions: Grievous II

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
Thrilled to hear about Corbin and Rollins.. I love Corbin and seeing people get pissed off at his push is always fun.

Also, if wrestlers don't want to head to Saudi Arabia, don't go.. Bryan and Cena didn't go last year... They don't have to worry about losing their jobs, WWE is not letting anyone go right now... especially over something like this.

Grievous II

Is Unretrofied For You
Legend
Because people really want to see Corbin vs Seth...that match is going to be great...
What? But its Corbin...he's terrible...& a moron.

Thrilled to hear about Corbin and Rollins.. I love Corbin and seeing people get pissed off at his push is always fun.
I guess I can't hold that against you as I enjoy seeing
people pissed off...but only at what I say...not because
Moron Corbin is getting a push.

Well...I hope you guys enjoy it...

Knowing the WWE they will put the Universal title on
Corbin to tank the rating even more.

• LOL
Reactions: Seto-san

or Log in using