Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned Rusev’s deal with WWE is up soon and he asked for a leave of absence from the company.
- On that same show, Meltzer also indicated the reason Baron Corbin is getting pushed the way he is is that Vince McMahon thinks women swoon over guys like him.
- WrestleVotes says Aleister Black is currently scheduled to wrestle at Extreme Rules and Cesaro could be his opponent.
- They also claim FOX has “floated the idea” to WWE about Jerry Lawler working on a studio show on the channel later this year.
- As of now, a couple AEW talents are scheduled for TripleMania but otherwise they won’t send talent to shows held in the States for companies like AAA and New Japan, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.