News Rumor Roundup: SmackDown move to FOX, NXT on FS1, Hell in a Cell matches, more!

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
Randy Orton
WWE
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.

Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:

• WWE and FOX are planning a one hour launch show in September to get ready for the SmackDown Live debut on the channel, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
  • It’s also noted that FOX is in talks to get NXT on FS1.
  • For whatever it’s worth, local advertising for Hell in a Cell on Oct. 6 in Sacramento indicates we’ll see Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton and Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre.
  • According to the Observer, executives from Turner Broadcasting were at Fight for the Fallen and came away impressed with the show.
  • MLW apparently took issue with Tony Schiavone doing AEW work because the latter promotion didn’t reach out to the former.

If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.

Continue reading...

Grievous II

Is Unretrofied For You
Legend
For whatever it’s worth, local advertising for Hell in a Cell on Oct. 6 in Sacramento indicates we’ll see Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton and Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre.
Oh wow...so either Seth is being shunted back down
the card or Drew is jobbing out to someone else.

Either way is bad.

No women's cell match?

It’s also noted that FOX is in talks to get NXT on FS1.
I have no idea what FS1 is.

WWE and FOX are planning a one hour launch show in September to get ready for the SmackDown Live debut on the channel, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
So...even MORE WWE product?

According to the Observer, executives from Turner Broadcasting were at Fight for the Fallen and came away impressed with the show.
:thumbsup:

Reactions: Brockamura

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
Oh wow...so either Seth is being shunted back down
the card or Drew is jobbing out to someone else.

Either way is bad.
You cant book any match in that case. This is a fictional sport. Someone needs to job to put someone over. You cant have 50 booking then no one gets over.

Push someone job another one.

If you dont want to job either guy then dont book the match. But that's clearly a problem in itself

• Disagree

Grievous II

Is Unretrofied For You
Legend
If you dont want to job either guy then dont book the match. But that's clearly a problem in itself
That's what I'm saying...

Drew has been jobbed out enough & Seth wasn't booked properly
as the Universal Champion. Both men deserve better than to be
shoved into a HiaC match against each other.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
That's what I'm saying...

Drew has been jobbed out enough & Seth wasn't booked properly
as the Universal Champion. Both men deserve better than to be
shoved into a HiaC match against each other.
It's good that your not a wrestling promoter. No big matches would be booked and everyone would be booked to look strong so that everyone doesn't

• Disagree

Brockamura

Legend
Legend
Yet another example that Redboy is ALWAYS wanting to cause trouble, everyday ever since he first joined the forums. he's been trolling and baiting people to get them pissed off. People like you are nothing but a cancer not only to this forum but to the whole world too...

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
Yet another example that Redboy is ALWAYS wanting to cause trouble, everyday ever since he first joined the forums. he's been trolling and baiting people to get them pissed off. People like you are nothing but a cancer not only to this forum but to the whole world too...
Just a question. Why dont you guys just ignore me?

If I'm such a cancer then just don't entertain me. Takes two to tango.

I never lash out and get emotional. Just speak my mind

• Disagree

Brockamura

Legend
Legend
....I said make me.

I wont leave this forum. I'm too much of a beloved member of the community. The forum would be worse off for sure
You know what, no one likes you here. Your problem is that you respond to other members in a very contrarian, condescending and rude way. When we point that out to you you'll get even more on the defensive. I am done with this discussion, you will never change your behaviors there is no hope for you. I wouldn't like to meet you in person, you must be even more of a egotistic sociopath.

Redboy123@

The Game
Technician
You know what, no one likes you here. Your problem is that you respond to other members in a very contrarian, condescending and rude way. When we point that out to you you'll get even more on the defensive. I am done with this discussion, you will never change your behaviors there is no hope for you. I wouldn't like to meet you in person, you must be even more of a egotistic sociopath.
Loads of people on this forum love me. I'm only rude and condescending to people who deserve it. Your actions have consequences.

I'm not contrarian. I voice my opinions cuz they are my opinions. Most of them are very popular. Sounds like you just don't like me hating on stuff you like. I like Roman reigns get over it.

If we ever met in person we would have a great time. Get lots of girls. We will have a great freindship irl

or Log in using