Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- Stephanie McMahon led a talent meeting before Money in the Bank yesterday, according to Wrestling Observer. It was similar to past speeches of its type WWE management gives from time to time, but Steph listed AEW as a competitor. This was said to be the first time they ever mentioned a competing wrestling company by name.
- The Samoa Joe/Rey Mysterio match at Money in the Bank was cut short due to blood, says PW Insider. The post-match angle went as planned.
- The Observer’s Bryan Alvarez claims Mysterio was being evaluated by trainers for a possible shoulder injury, too.
- Alvarez also says two camera people and Ali were banged up by ladders Brock Lesnar threw while entering last night’s main event.
- Ember Moon was considered as the winner of the women’s ladder match, per Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.