Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that AJ Styles was traded to SmackDown because WWE couldn’t limit him to only four appearances on the blue brand, which is the rule for brand-to-brand invitations.
- Meltzer also indicated that even though WWE brought in 30+ people to serve as audience members on Raw this week, they were all given temperature checks, rather than COVID-19 tests.
- Chris Jericho told Comicbook.com that the Stadium Stampede match at Double or Nothing took 12 hours to shoot.
- According to PW Insider, Marq Quen’s injury on this week’s Dynamite was a work.
- Jim Ross told Bryan Alvarez that AEW was planning to run live events (in addition to Dynamite) in order to help talent improve their skills, but it didn’t happen due to the coronavirus pandemic.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.