Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s original plans for SummerSlam have been “torn up,” according to WrestleVotes.
- Edge’s injury played a big part in the decision to re-work the SummerSlam card. The account says that without fans, Brock Lesnar probably won’t work the show.
- Randy Orton’s third match with Edge will now likely happen at next year’s Royal Rumble or WrestleMania. WrestlingNews.co says they’re considering having Orton enter that match as WWE champion.
- That pitch includes McIntyre winning the belt back once fans are back in arenas, so he can have the moment he didn’t get at WrestleMania 36.
- Bruce Prichard’s Something to Wrestle With co-host Conrad Thompson told Wrestling Inc Prichard is “tired” and “stressing” running both Raw and SmackDown since Paul Heyman’s firing. Thompson speculated dealing with Fox, USA, and pandemic-caused re-writes were the biggest headaches.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.