Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is now “very much unsure” they’ll be able to have fans in attendance for SummerSlam, a source told WrestleVotes. They don’t want to do it at the Performance Center, but that’s now on the table. The decision is “not yet imminent.”
- At one point, WWE was considering having this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony SummerSlam weekend. WrestlingNews.co says that’s still a possibility, but Ringside News says the HoF event is “not something that is at the top of the list of discussions.”
- Kairi Sane’s status in WWE is “complicated” according to Fightful. She could be transitioning to a non-wrestling role and at one point there was a plan to have her serve as “an ambassador for WWE in Japan.” Some in the company would like to see her continue wrestling though.
- Bray Wyatt’s been off television so he can be with JoJo and their kids, especially newborn daughter Hyrie. It’s not clear if he’ll be at the PC before Extreme Rules.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE wants WALTER on the main roster, but the NXT United Kingdom champ won’t move to the U.S.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.