Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that most of the feuds we are seeing on television right now are expected to extend through SummerSlam.
- Randy Orton vs. Drew McIntyre could end up being one of the top title matches on that show.
- EVIL aligned with The Bullet Club to establish a top heel while the New Japan roster outside of the country is gone due to the pandemic, says Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Meltzer also said that Kenny Omega’s booking in AEW is largely because he was always set to be built as a big star in his second year.
- Per WWE Network News, WWE is going to add content to the Undertaker: The Last Ride section on July 19, though it’s unclear what exactly it will be.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.