Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- WWE passed on signing Tessa Blanchard in the past due to “attitude issues”, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. It was also said Impact knew about her reputation when they signed her and it won’t affect their plans.
- Meltzer also talked Marty Scurrl’s new ROH deal, calling it the biggest in company history. It will allow him to work with New Japan, NWA and PWG, but Scurll will have to form a relationship with AEW.
- PW Insider says more New Japan names will be added to ROH’s Supercard of Honor show.
- Bret Hart was in Los Angeles this weekend filming the next episode of Broken Skull Sessions with Steve Austin, per Insider.
- About that Brian Cage to AEW rumor? Cage’s wife Melissa Santos says “he hasn’t signed on any dotted line”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.