Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE will be moving ThunderDome from Orlando’s Amway Center to St. Petersburg’s Tropicana Field in early-to-mid December. eWrestlingnews was among the first to report the news.
- WrestleVotes also tweeted about the move, saying WWE will likely be in St. Pete through “Mania season.” The account added that WWE still wants to have some fans in attendance for Royal Rumble, which could be at Tropicana Field. The company is hoping to start “traditional live arena shows with fans the night after WrestleMania.”
- Court filings obtained by Heel By Nature show WWE is working to get Candy Cartwright’s civil suit against Matt Riddle, the company & others moved from municipal to federal court.
- Chelsea Green met with Vince McMahon before her SmackDown debut was booked, according to Fightful Select. The meeting is said to have gone well, and prior to her injury, Green was not only supposed to win a Survivor Series spot, but to unveil her new nickname “Victorious” in a post-match promo.
- PW Insider says Impact tried to get Kurt Angle to make his return to the company at Bound For Glory, but they obviously couldn’t get a deal worked out.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.