Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- In their tweet moments before WWE announced the free Network tier, WrestleVotes insinuated that multiple paid tiers were coming when they wrote “the options of pricing are all still reasonable.”
- Kurt Angle told CBR.com that he turned down an offer to manage Matt Riddle on SmackDown.
- Regarding Angle, someone within WWE told WrestlingNews.co that “if they [WWE] haven’t signed him already then they will make an offer to him soon. Vince doesn’t want to lose him to AEW.”
- Sources told Fightful that AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan’s match for the Intercontinental title (airing Fri., June 12 but filmed last Tuesday) “was ‘unbelievable’ and legitimately pumped up a very tired NXT PC crowd that was there to cheer”.
- That site also heard Adam Cole & Velveteen Dream’s TakeOver match was filmed outdoors at night with cars surrounding the area and their headlights used. PC talent used for the crowd were unhappy because rain delayed a shoot that was supposed to start at 7 until after midnight.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.