Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Undertaker’s appearance on the Sept. 10 episode of SmackDown Live at Madison Square Garden has been planned for some time and not a response to slow ticket sales.
- The WON also says The Miz vs. Shinsuke Nakamura is in the plans for Clash of Champions.
- Per WrestleVotes, it’s at least possible WWE adds a sixth TakeOver event to the schedule in 2020. It could depend on the numbers on USA Network.
- Per Arash Markazi, Los Angeles is the favorite to host WrestleMania 37. WrestleVotes says Las Vegas is also a possibility.
- Per the Observer, Dragon Gate is okay with PAC working AEW, and it’s still expected he’ll return to the promotion.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.