Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:
- A SmackDown wrestler was pulled from last Friday’s episode after testing positive for COVID-19, according to a Ringside News report later confirmed by Wrestling Observer.
- No surprise given yesterday’s COVID news, but PW Insider says WWE was way behind scripting Raw. At shortly after 7 p.m. Eastern they were still finishing the script for the first hour.
- On a recent edition of his Grilling JR podcast, Jim Ross mentioned he’d heard WWE is looking to do more romance angles. This could help explain the pairing of Ric Flair & Lacey Evans.
- WWE plans to use big-name Raw and SmackDown stars on the Superstar Spectacle special event for the Indian market later this month. Sportskeeda says Drew McIntyre, AJ Styles, Charlotte Flair, The New Day, Bayley, and Rey Mysterio are names being considered for the taping, which will probably take place in Florida.
- Regarding talk of Jay White leaving New Japan and possibly joining WWE, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio he thinks it’s probably an angle. Meltzer says when The Young Bucks checked with White before starting AEW, he told them he’d just signed a seven year contract with New Japan.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.