Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Rumors for the Day:Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says the hard roster split is supposed to start now, though it looks more likely it will go into effect post-Crown Jewel.
- They also say that WWE had talks with a number of promotions in Japan outside of Pro Wrestling NOAH and Stardom but it’s unclear how serious they were. There is still talk of the company hiring top wrestlers to be trainers for a Performance Center there for NXT Japan.
- The Observer notes that no dates are finalized for Kenny Omega to return to Mexico to defend his newly won AAA title.
- SoCal Uncensored notes that Jake Atlas’ has signed with WWE and is expected to report to the Performance Center early next year.
- PCO’s deal with Ring of Honor is apparently up soon but he’s expected to stay, per the WON.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.