News Rusev loves his program with Lana & Lashley, because he helped craft it

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
WWE.com
Now that we’ve all had a chance to see a segment which will go down in history - the “Lana faked a pregnancy so Bobby Lashley could beat Rusev up again” doozy from Manchester, England which aired on the Nov. 11 Raw - we can update our own decisions on the whether the storyline is just bad, or so bad it’s good.

Rusev is chiming in, and he’s choosing a different option. The Bulgarian Brute told The Sun he loves the angle - probably at least in part because he’s taking credit for helping create it:

“It’s great. I think we are in the best storyline currently going on and the best storyline that’s been around for years. It’s getting a lot of views and a lot of eyes on it. Some people like it, some people love it, but at the end of the day, it’s the hottest storyline going on.

It’s a collaboration. There’s adjustments that we make [outside of kayfabe], but that’s just life. We’re committed to our characters on TV, so we just have to make slight adjustments, but we’re professionals and we’re coping with it.”
The storyline is hot, at least judging by measures like online engagement (as of this writing the Lana/Lashley/Rusev video is the only thing from last night’s show over 1 million views on YouTube, and nothing else is over 500K). So that helps, as does his overall approach to life in WWE:

“My goal is to be healthy, that’s my first-and-foremost. It doesn’t matter about storylines or things like that. One day you ride a tank but the next day, you do nothing but main event dark matches so it’s a big wave, you just gotta ride the wave and do the best with anything that is given to you. You gotta enjoy everything you do, and you gotta control what you can control because some things you can’t, and there’s no point being mad so whatever I can control, I do, and if not, I’m just having a blast with it.”
Probably the right way to deal with it. Maybe the only way, when your most high profile angles typically involve other people sleeping with your wife.

One thing’s clear though. While Vic Joseph keeps telling us our hearts should go out to Rusev for his fictional predicament, his heart doesn’t go out to fans who want to see this particular cuckold angle end:

Dear, guy .... nobody cares what you are good with Van Matthews on Twitter

— Rusev (@RusevBUL) November 9, 2019
Happy Rusev Day.

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions