Scrapped WrestleMania Main Event for one of The Greatest Legends Ever!

Discussion in 'General WWE' started by ThePhenom97, Sep 9, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. #1 ThePhenom97, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Recently I looked at an Interview about Jake Roberts and how he was supposed to face Hulk Hogan at a WrestleMania.

To me this pissed me off extremely! Because Jake Roberts was one of the best in the business, and this would have been an extremely interesting fued. It just shows how hard Vince was hanging off the balls of Hogan in the Hulkamania Era.

It's sad that he could do a Face vs Face fued with Hogan and Warrior, but not with Jake. If you weren't going to have him main event at Mania, than give him an IC title run. How do you guys feel on this?...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jake did deserve better than the booking he was given...&
    I've heard a rumor they actually started the Hogan/Roberts
    feud...but Hogan nixed it after Jake was getting such a strong
    reaction from the crowds.

A lengthy I.C title reign would have been great...but...I guess
    it just wasn't meant to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, I have heard about this is before and went to a rant, but the one thing I will say Jake Roberts was/is an underrated wrestler of all time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I agree with most of your post except for the last part. Because to me Jake was meant to be a WrestleMania Main Eventer. He had a great gimmick as a Face, and he was Phenomenal as a Heel. He did Main Event Matches, Main Event calibur promos, etc. and was given nothing. This was true talent wasted all because of the love and marriage like relationship between Vince and Hogan behind the scenes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Titles meant less back then at least for the heels and I would not call Jake under rated. Back then you had the title for years at a time. The IC title also meant more as well. I was young but whoever had it was basically picked for a push or was a main event contender. There were also a lot less of them, IC, World, tag team that was about it (technically the womens I never recalled seeing circa 1988 it until the 90's).

Jake was over and was a poular heel at the time.

6. Vince and whoever started that chant "DDT! DDT!" that costed Jake his big WrestleMania Push should be locked in a prison shower full of roided men and drop the soap.... But Vince most likely will enjoy it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hogan felt Jake was a threat to his top spot.. It's rare a heel got such a positive reaction back then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Didn't something like this happen with Steiner in the early 90's with Flair? And that's why he's always talking with so much hate to Nature Boy. In Dubya C Dubya