News Sermon on the Mat: Paint the devil on the wall

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
Poster for Synergy Pro Black Friday

Synergy Pro Wrestling on Twitter

Plus free matches from Beyond, ICW, and F1RST!

Welcome back to the Sermon on the Mat, your weekly one-stop shop for news from the wider world of wrestling beyond the big cable TV monoliths that get all the coverage.

Coming soon...​

SPW Black Friday (Nov. 27, 7PM Eastern)​

1. Nerd World Order (Joey Silver & Kip Stevens) vs. Polyam Pals (Anthony Gangone & MV Young)
  2. Frightmare vs. the Whisper
  3. Fallah Bahh vs. KTB
  4. Anthony Gaines vs. Cheeseburger vs. Desean Pratt vs. KC Navarro vs. Matt Vertigo vs. ??? (2020 Best of the Light Heavyweights)
  5. Charles Mason vs. Ellis Taylor (Knockout or Submissions Only)
  6. Matt MacIntosh vs. Nicholas Kaye (Career vs. Creative Director Match)
  7. Ace Austin vs. Jordan Oliver (#1 Contender’s Match)
  8. Kasey Catal vs. TJ Crawford (c) (SPW Cruiserweight Crown Street Fight)
  9. Brandon Kirk (c) vs. Eric Corvis (SPW Championship)

Synergy Pro are rolling at you live this weekend from the Monster Factory in Paulsboro, New Jersey, and they’ve got a card worthy of the consumer cornucopia that is Black Friday, folks!

Stay safe inside and check it out live on IWTV!

H2O No Excuses (Nov. 28, 5:30PM Eastern)​

1. Kit Osbourne vs. Terra Calaway vs. ??? vs. ??? (H2O Hybrid Championship #1 Contender’s Match)
  2. Austin Luke, Dyln McKay, & Marcus Mathers vs. White Trash Forever (Bruce Grey, Ron Mathis, & Tyler Voxx)
  3. Chuck Payne vs. Jeff Cannonball vs. Lowlife Louie vs. Mitch Vallen
  4. Conor Claxton vs. Lucky 13
  5. Devon Moore vs. Mason Martin
  6. Bam Sullivan (c) vs. HC Loc (Danny Havoc Hardcore Championship)
  7. JC Rotten vs. Jimmy Lyon (3 Rotten Stages of Hell Match)

H2O are back and if you missed it, now you know— Terra Calaway is back and wrestling and won the ISW King of Crazy Championship! We love a caring dinosaur cat mom here at Sermon on the Mat, we do. Plus we got a whole rest of a hot hot card, including Bam Sullivan defending the newly-minted Danny Havoc Hardcore Championship against the Carnage Crew’s HC Loc!

Check it out live on IWTV, friends.

Free matches here!​

Brian Cage, Chuck Taylor, Trevor Lee, & Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Dan Barry, Doom Patrol (Chris Dickinson & Jaka), & Juicy Product (David Starr & JT Dunn)​

Beyond start us off strong with this ten-man elimination tag, the perfect thing for Thanksgiving! Okay okay so there’s at least one “star” in this match that I’m not very thankful for, but the overall talent level is so strong that I didn’t want to let that stop me from featuring it here, folks.

Angel Hayze vs. Isla Dawn​

Scotland’s Insane Championship Wrestling brings us this women’s match, check it out!

“Air Wolf” Darius Martin vs. Jake Atlas​

And now we celebrate Top Flight getting signed by AEW with this banger from F1RST Wrestling, folks!

Donovan Dijak vs. Jonathan Gresham​

And we finish up (short week due to computer problems on my end, folks, sorry) with this David and Goliath instant classic from Beyond. T-Bar faces off against the Octopus, don’t miss it!

As always...​

Remember folks, no matter what type of wrestling you like, no matter how down you feel about the state of WWE, AEW, Impact, ROH, or any other “big-time” pro wrestling, there’s something out there for you. There’s a pro wrestling product that can hit you in the right spot and make you love wrestling like you thought you’d never be able to love it again. It’s there, I promise. You just gotta reach out and find it, and that, my friends, is what the Sermon on the Mat is all about.

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions