Shinsuke Nakamura discussion.

Carnage Carlson

The Artiste
Contender
Hey guys, if you've seen me around then you probably know I haven't been back into wrestling for a very long time but I'd like to have a discussion on Shinsuke Nakamura. I've been watching smackdown lately and I think I've been seeing a lot of him but from what I've seen I'm less than an impressed. For an apparent "Legend" and "prodigy" in Japan his ring work seems extremely sloppy or at the very best hit or miss, his catch wrestling inspired moves seemed damn good but other than that like I said I'm not very impressed. Is he the Japanese Sin Cara? For those who don't know two people have portrayed Sin Cara the first was one of the biggest stars in Mexico before HHH hired him. However, upon coming to the WWE he couldn't adapt to the American style, was botching a lot of moves, was pretty sloppy in the ring and to be blunt was horrible all around. What should the WWE do with Shinsuke Nakamura, keep him on the made card? Send him back to development or just cut their loses and let him be a star in Japan again? I've also read and heard rumors that Shinsuke Nakamura is only with the WWE to improve his American style, build muscle and then return back to Japan better then ever. As always thanks for stopping by can't wait to hear y'alls thoughts and opinions.

Reactions: Snowman

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
Shinsuke was probably my favorite guy in NJPW when I started watching, but that was as a very casual fan. When he was getting high-profile Wrestle Kingdom main events and G1 finals... and had plenty of time to prepare, when he was able to improvize and showcase his charisma, come up with creative entrances and spots and fun things to do in matches, excel at the NJPW "formula" but mostly SMACK YOU SO HARD IT KNOCKS YOUR DEMONS AWAY...he was awesome.

But on a random Road To show, a night 7 G1 show, in a tag match of a Sakura Genesis show he wasn't featured on... call him Verizon because he phoned it in extra reliably.

He's...literally one of the last people who'd succeed in WWE. His wrestling hasn't been very impressive, his charisma doesn't shine on week to week TV when "following the script", and even for the big matches he's not a guy Vince can honestly trust at the top of the card anymore. I don't blame you for seeing what you do.

Zayn and Cesaro tho...

Reactions: Carnage Carlson

The Cam

Administrator
Chairman
He is probably my least favorite individual on Smackdown, but that's also how I feel about Smackdown in general. NXT > Raw > Smackdown. But seriously, I don't like how this guy is portrayed in Smackdown. Doesn't seem like the WWE has ever really used to his full potential. Also, I hate how he his shown when they have those behind the scenes clips. He's never the lead guy. He's always standing alongside someone that is doing all the talking.

Reactions: Carnage Carlson

Carnage Carlson

The Artiste
Contender
Shinsuke was probably my favorite guy in NJPW when I started watching, but that was as a very casual fan. When he was getting high-profile Wrestle Kingdom main events and G1 finals... and had plenty of time to prepare, when he was able to improvize and showcase his charisma, come up with creative entrances and spots and fun things to do in matches, excel at the NJPW "formula" but mostly SMACK YOU SO HARD IT KNOCKS YOUR DEMONS AWAY...he was awesome.

But on a random Road To show, a night 7 G1 show, in a tag match of a Sakura Genesis show he wasn't featured on... call him Verizon because he phoned it in extra reliably.

He's...literally one of the last people who'd succeed in WWE. His wrestling hasn't been very impressive, his charisma doesn't shine on week to week TV when "following the script", and even for the big matches he's not a guy Vince can honestly trust at the top of the card anymore. I don't blame you for seeing what you do.

Zayn and Cesaro tho...
I hope the rumors are true and he's only working WWE to help improve his overall skill and plans to go back to Japan shortly.

Carnage Carlson

The Artiste
Contender
He is probably my least favorite individual on Smackdown, but that's also how I feel about Smackdown in general. NXT > Raw > Smackdown. But seriously, I don't like how this guy is portrayed in Smackdown. Doesn't seem like the WWE has ever really used to his full potential. Also, I hate how he his shown when they have those behind the scenes clips. He's never the lead guy. He's always standing alongside someone that is doing all the talking.
Am i the only one that thinks his entrance mixed with that stupid mouth gaurd makes him look like a gay vampire? Nothing against gay vampires if that's you're thing but a little off putting for me personally.

Snowman

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Legend
I hope the rumors are true and he's only working WWE to help improve his overall skill and plans to go back to Japan shortly.
From all accounts, KENTA (who's been doing really well, yet not excellent, in NJPW) didn't learn anything as Hideo Itami. I'm not a wrestler, but would love to learn what WWE could teach you, because it seems like their "my way or the highway" mentality would just make it harder to work other places.

Carnage Carlson

The Artiste
Contender
From all accounts, KENTA (who's been doing really well, yet not excellent, in NJPW) didn't learn anything as Hideo Itami. I'm not a wrestler, but would love to learn what WWE could teach you, because it seems like their "my way or the highway" mentality would just make it harder to work other places.
I think it's primarily move set Lucha, you have all the crazy high flying shit going down, Japan you have catch wrestling which is very strike and submission based trying to be realistic and sport oriented and , America you have the freestyle/Folk/and Grecko Roman disciplines as well as American professional wrestling all of which generally involves big throws, tosses and slams

or Log in using