WWESpongefan

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
Sister of The Shield

Chapter Forty

Emily's emotions were all over the place, she was so confused. She made it to the arena a few hours before Raw started. She unpacked her supplies in the medical room and then just sat down thinking to himself quietly. Dean and Roman hadn't arrived yet so Emily was on her own. Emily had the ring Bray gave her. She took it out, looked at it and started crying a little as she thought about him. He said that the ring, and his heart would forever belong to her.

"I'm so confused, my heart is telling me one thing, but my head is telling me something else... I was definitely surprised yesterday, not only did Bray tell me that he loved me, but he also purposed to me. It was the first time that he had told me that he loved me... It was something I've been waiting to hear, I just wasn't sure if I was supposed to tell him first. It just seemed like the proposal came out of nowhere. Maybe I wasn't ready for it... I should have been... Bray has done so much for me... It should have been obvious that he loved me and wanted to marry me. I love him... I know I do, why did I run away from him?"

Emily was interrupted from her thoughts when she heard a knock at the doorway. She noticed that it was Seth and her eyes went wide with fear. Seth hadn't come by in months since her last panic attack, she almost forgot that Seth still worked with WWE. Seth noticed the look of fear on her face.

"Easy Emily... I'm keeping my distance, I'm just here to talk. I'm surprised... Bray isn't here with you?"

"Something came up... He proposed to me... I wasn't ready."

"So... You and Bray aren't together anymore?"

"I needed time to think. You say that you're a changed man, but don't be getting any ideas of winning me back."

"I came here to apologize again... It's been almost a year since what happened... Also for your panic attack that happened the last time you saw me... At first... I did love you, but at some point something just snapped in my head and I did things that I shouldn't have done. If I was in my right mind, I would have never hurt you."

Emily was mostly listening to his words, she didn't notice him getting closer until he gently grabbed her hand.

"If I could take back what I did I would... Then I wouldn't need to be asking for your forgiveness or for another chance... If I had treated you right... Maybe you would still love me and maybe I could have been the one asking for your hand."

They were both quiet for a moment, before Emily met Bray, she would have loved to have heard this from Seth, but things were different now. Seth had shown his true colors and Bray had been there for her many times when no one else was. She slowly moved her hand out his.

"I'm sorry Seth... there was a time that I loved you, but I've moved on and I think it would be best if you did the same... I love Bray, and if there is anyone I'm marrying, it's him. It has been a while since we've seen each other, I've had time to think... Maybe you have changed, or maybe it's just my religious ways, but I forgive you... But it's like I said before... I moved on, I love Bray... More than I thought I could love anyone."

"Ok... I understand... Thank you Emily... I don't deserve your forgiveness, but you did it anyway. This was the closure I was looking for. You really don't need to look over your shoulder anymore, I don't wish any harm to you. Part of the deal I made with Triple H was he would give me my job back, but only if I went to therapy. It has been one of the best things I've ever done. I'm less angry, I'm happier, and I've changed for the better."

"Oh... Well congrats... Best of luck with things."

"Thanks, same to you."

Seth left and it seemed like the awkwardness went with him. Usually things didn't end well between a person's ex. It seemed a bit awkward, but nice at the same time, Seth and Emily wishing each other the best in their future. Emily had come a long way since the last time she saw Seth, she stayed calm for the most part and didn't have a panic attack just from seeing him. It was the closure they needed. Emily didn't exactly know what to think about that, but soon her thoughts returned to Bray until Roman came in.

"Hey Emily... Bray's not here?"

"No... I messed up... Things were going great over the weekend, I was so happy with him... He even told me that he loved me... He proposed to me."

"You didn't say yes?"

"I wanted to... I love Bray, but something stopped me from saying yes. I'm... afraid."

Roman thought he knew the reason.

"Look Emily... I haven't always liked Bray, but he treats you right, you're happy with him... Happier with him than you are now."

"You've always been there for me growing up when I went through a bad breakup, but this isn't about you not liking Bray... This is about me and my fear of being alone."

"Then you should have accepted his proposal."

"He gave me the ring anyway... I told him that I needed more time. He gave it to me anyway. Once I found out about my real mom having cancer... My dad left her because he didn't want to watch her die... I'm just afraid that I could end up the same way. Even if something like a deadly disease happens to me... I don't want to end up alone when I die, especially if someone that supposedly loved me left me."

"Look... I admit... Bray isn't that bad of a guy, you said yourself that you loved him, and he loves you. I would want you with him before I would want you with anyone else. I've seen you two together, from a guys point of view, I think it would be a mistake to go your separate ways. He gave you the ring so that either means that he's given up completely or he's willing to wait for you to see if you change your mind. From a guys point of view... I think you should find him and tell him what you're feeling."

Emily smiled and hugged Roman.

"Thanks Roman... I think I will."

Raw had already started, but it was just the opening segment. She went searching for Bray, the first place she thought about looking was the place where he did his promos. She only hoped that Bray would talk to her let alone want to see her. This was the second time she had pushed him away... Sooner or later he would get tired of waiting and move on. She looked in the room where Bray did his promos only to find Luke Harper. He usually didn't talk very much, but he had something on his mind. He didn't exactly look happy to see her, his tone was dark and harsh.

"Why are you here?"

"I... I was looking for Bray."

"He's not here."

"Well... Doesn't he have a match later?"

"He was supposed to... But he's not here... Because of you."

Emily felt guilty... It was a bad situation if you were scheduled for a match and didn't show up. Luke seemed upset with her.

"He's really risking his career by not being here... It's your fault he's not here... You broke his heart you know."

Emily was getting a little annoyed now and fired back at him.

"I know ok! I messed up! I feel terrible... All I want to do is fix this."

Luke seemed to back down now knowing that he had been a bit harsh with her.

"Go to him... Fix him, and bring him back where he belongs."

It was usually the other way around... Bray was usually the one that tried to fix people. Emily realized now that this affected Bray more than she thought. She looked for the main doctor in charge and told him that something important came up and she needed to leave. She was packing up her things when Roman came back in to check on her.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm leaving. Bray isn't here... I have to see him.."

Even though Emily's emotions were all over the place, she still managed to laugh about something.

"Bray would always say to find him, or to follow the buzzards... That's exactly what I'm going to do."

Emily gave Roman a hug and went on her way. She told him that she probably wouldn't make it to Smackdown. Emily had only been to Bray's house a few times and couldn't remember the address. Emily spent the next day or so driving to New Orleans. When they first started dating, she remembered the day they spent in New Orleans. She smiled as the memories of that day returned, riding carnival rides, playing games, the food, music and dancing. At the end of they day, that was the day she kissed him. She remembered the swamp tour they went on, and remembered Bray saying that if the tour kept following the swamp all they way to the end, it would end up near Bray's backyard. Once she parked her car, she went to ask someone about taking a swamp tour to the very end of the swamp, but they told her that they only went so far. They gave her the location of somewhere boats were rented. Emily paid to rent a boat and started riding through the swamp. She would be lying if she said that she wasn't scared. She was alone and the sounds around her made her feel uncomfortable. Meanwhile Bray was down by the swamp fishing, this was something he did when he had a lot on his mind. He wasn't really interested in fishing, he just wanted to clear his mind. It had now been three days since Bray saw Emily... He had proposed to her and scared her off. He sat by the edge of the swamp as he thought to himself.

"Where did it all go wrong? It's only been three days, and already it feels like a lifetime without her. I just couldn't bring myself to the arena and see her knowing that she doesn't want to be with me and that she doesn't love me the same way I love her. I gave her the ring, hoping that one day she will come back to me. Maybe I scared her away by telling her that I love her and proposing to her. She said she wasn't ready, but was that the only reason? I thought she had come so far, I thought she was ready. She seemed so happy, it had almost been a year since we first started dating. Of course, I need to remember everything she's been through with Seth. Maybe she does need more time, she did say that she loved me. She seemed afraid to tell me no, like she was afraid that I would hurt her. I'm not Seth... I wouldn't hurt her just because I don't get my way... I wouldn't hurt her at all, I wouldn't force her to do something she didn't want to do. I must admit... It hurts like hell not to have her here right now. Maybe she only said that she loved me to let me down easy... In the end... Does she see me any different than anyone else. Does she just see me as a monster? Maybe a man like me wasn't meant to find love. I gave her the ring anyway... I just couldn't hang onto it and think about what could have been... The life we could have had together. I told her that my love for her would never end... I meant it, I gave her the ring... The ring, and my heart will forever belong to her... Even if we are never married or never together. Life can be cruel... Without Emily... A piece of me is missing. I'm like the Tin Man searching for a heart, or I'm like one of those pirates from The Pirates of The Caribbean that locked his heart in a box."

Bray finally stopped thinking and put his hands over his face and wiped his tears away. If anyone knew he was crying, no one would take him seriously in the ring. Here he was... The New Face of Fear crying over a broken heart. He didn't care... He was frustrated, took a rock and threw it as far as he could. He watched and heard it as it splashed in the water. He then wiped his face again as the tears returned. What he didn't know was that Emily was closer than he thought. There was a certain part of the swamp where the water flowed faster at one place than it did another, then with it being a swamp, it wasn't exactly the cleanest. Something got caught in the engine and the boat's controls stopped working. This was a problem because up ahead there were several big rocks that could easily knock the boat over. Emily tried to remain calm, there were oars in the boat and she tried to row the boat in the direction she wanted it to go, but there were too many rocks in the way and ended up hitting the biggest one. The boat didn't flip over, but it started rocking uncontrollably and a big piece of the boat had come off, she realized then that the boat wasn't going to stay floating very long, and she screamed as the boat continued rocking and started to sink. This wasn't the only problem... Her screaming had gained the attention of an alligator not too far away. It started growling at her and started to head for the water. Emily was freaking out now and screaming at the top of her lungs. Bray's house wasn't too far from here, he thought he heard screaming, and was curious as to what was going on and where it was coming from. He got up and quickly ran to where the screaming was coming from. He then figured it out, it was Emily, her boat was sinking and an alligator had come up to her. She was trying to stay afloat, and not get eaten by the alligator so she had one of the oars and she was screaming as she was hitting it, trying to make it go away, but all she was doing was making it angrier.

"Emily!"

Emily looked over and saw Bray.

"Bray!"

Bray then jumped into the water in hopes of distracting the alligator. The alligator wasn't fooled, it wanted Emily as a snack. Bray was close now and tackled the alligator, as this was happening, the alligator's large tail smacked into what was left of the boat and caused Emily to lose her balance and fall into the water. She screamed as she fell into the water, she wasn't the best swimmer and struggled for her life in the water. Finally she had reached a point where there was part of a tree that had fallen, she grabbed onto a branch that was sticking out and held onto it for dear life. She then managed to pull herself to shore. She didn't see everything that happened, but once she got to shore she still saw Bray wrestling with the alligator. She was worried about Bray, but he had the situation under control. He had wrestled many alligators before coming to WWE and only became better as his skills improved. He finally tossed the alligator's lifeless body aside like it was nothing and then made his way to shore. Emily couldn't take it anymore, after driving for over a day and after this scare with the alligator, she started running to him.

"Bray!"

They were both soaking wet from being in the water, but neither of them seemed to care. Once Bray heard Emily calling out his name and saw her running towards him, he started making his way to her.

"Are you crazy Emily?! You could have gotten yourself killed!... I could have lost you."

They finally got to each other and Emily wrapped her arms around him and kissed him like her life depended on it. Emily couldn't stop the tears that fell from her eyes as she started talking to him.

"Bray... I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you... I was stupid for walking away."

"What were you doing out there Emily?"

"I had to come see you... I couldn't remember your street address for my GPS, but remember you saying that the Swamp from New Orleans ended not too far from your backyard so I decided to follow the swamp..."

"There is a reason why the swamp tours never go this far... It is because the swamp flows faster between the rocks, this is alligator territory. I'm just so glad I found you when I did... Don't you scare me like that again Emily."

"When I was at the arena for Raw, I wanted to talk to you, but I should have known that you would be upset with me."

"I wasn't upset with you... I needed time to think like you did, I do my best thinking out here. It also hurt... Knowing that I would have to return to work with you there. I couldn't do it. These last three days... have been hell without you."

"I know... And I'm so sorry Bray... I never should have left. I made a mistake. You've always been so good to me Bray. I came back because I needed to see you... To ask you for forgiveness."

"There's nothing to forgive... You had been through a lot... We had been through a lot together, but you said that you wasn't ready."

"That wasn't exactly it..."

"Then why... Why did you leave me?"

"Because I was stupid... I was afraid..."

Bray's heart dropped at this.

"Afraid... I see. I knew the rest of the world saw me as a monster, but I thought you were different."

"No Bray, it's not like that... It's not you I'm afraid of... Ever since I was little, when my mom first brought me to the orphanage... I thought I was only going to be there for a little while, but she never came back... I was left there... Scared and alone with a bunch of people I didn't know. Then... I found out that my dad... He left my mom because she had cancer. She was dying and he didn't want to watch her die... If I end up with a deadly disease... The last thing I would want to happen... Would be abandoned by someone that supposedly loved me and die alone. I'm just... So afraid of being abandoned."

"It may have happened with your parents, but that doesn't mean the same thing will happen to you... I would never abandon you... When I asked you to marry me... It was because I had every intention of spending the rest of my life with you... And I would still like to."

Emily still had the ring with her. She kept it close ever since he gave it to her. She took it out of her pocket and held it in her hand.

"I've thought about you a lot since that day. This is the second time I've made the mistake of pushing you away. I've held onto it since the day you gave it to me... I'm tired of being afraid... You told me that you loved me that day and surprised me. I love you Bray... My heart wanted to say yes... It's just after a while... You would get tired of putting up with me or get tired of waiting on me... Or stop loving me."

"Never... I never stop loving you. It's been three days since I've last seen you... Three days, three years, or the rest of my life... I would wait for you forever. Just because things didn't go the way I hoped before doesn't mean that I couldn't try again..."

Bray held her hand and felt for the ring. It wasn't exactly a romantic location, but Bray went down on one knee in front of her and looked up into her eyes.

"Emily... I love you more than anything else in this world... My worst fear is losing you forever. I promise you Emily... I swear on my very life that I would never abandon you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you... Now and forever... Emily... Will You Marry Me?"

Emily's heart was beating hard and fast, she had tears in her eyes again. She wasn't going to make the same mistake again. She held a hand up to her face as she started shaking her head.

"Yes!... Yes I will Bray! I love you!"

They smiled at each other, Bray gently slid the ring on her finger. Emily looked at the ring and then back at Bray, it just seemed right. Then Bray took her in his arms as they kissed each other. They were still soaking wet from the water, but Bray was so overwhelmed with excitement, he picked her up and spun her around. Emily laughed as she wrapped her arms around him and kissed him again. They walked along the shore back to Bray's house, they both showered and changed and then Bray took Emily to go pick up her car and brought her back to his house. It would be a few days before Raw again, they wouldn't have to travel far. Bray would worry about the consequences of missing his match later. Right now he planned on enjoying time with his fiancé. They decided to go to New Orleans to celebrate, they enjoyed food, rides, games, and danced together. They shared many smiles, laughter, and kisses together. Six months later, Emily, Bray, and all of their family and friends gathered together at a church. Both Emily's adopted father and biological father walked her down the aisle. It was the happiest day of her life, and Bray kept his word... His vow to her was to stay by her side, to be her protector, and for her to know that she is loved. Finally after they were married and the wedding party was going on, Bray and Emily shared their first dance as a married couple.

The song they danced, which I think is perfect for them, is called I Swear by John Michael Montgomery.

(Intro)

"I see the questions in your eyes, I know what's weighing on your mind. But you can be sure I know my part, cause I'll stand beside you through the years. You'll only cry those happy tears, and though I'll make mistakes, I'll never break your heart."

(Chorus)

"I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear, like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there. For better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart, I swear."

(Second Verse)

"I'll give you everything I can, I'll build your dreams with these two hands. We'll hang some memories on the wall. And when, there's silver in your hair, won't have to ask if I still care, cause as time turns the page, my love won't age at all."

(Chorus)

"I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky, I'll be there. I swear, like the shadow that's by your side, I'll be there. For better or worse, till death do us part, I'll love you with every beat of my heart, I swear."

"I swear."

Once the song was over,, they kissed and everyone that was there clapped and cheered for them. This wasn't just the perfect day for Emily, but also for Bray because they had found each other and promised to love each other until the end. With both of them being in WWE, there was really no need for two vehicles, Emily would always travel with Bray since they always went to the same place. Even though they didn't always get to stay there, Emily came to love Bray's home. She found the land to be beautiful, but it was even better when she got to enjoy it with the man she would spend her future with. Emily's life was complete now. She had grown up with an adopted family that loved and cared for her, but she grew up with so many unanswered questions and things that bothered her. Finally after twenty four years, Emily had been reunited with her brother and met her biological father. She had suffered a lot of heartache through the years, but found someone that would love her no matter what, and understood her more than anyone else. Bray had also found love, he wasn't ever sure if he would because he thought that the world saw him as a monster. Emily had been very accepting of him from the beginning, even when her brothers in The Shield weren't. They were united by having a common enemy, but all they really wanted to do was look after Emily. Dean and Roman learned that Bray wasn't crazy, and that he wasn't such a bad guy after all. Even though Seth had changed, he would never win Emily back, Dean and Roman, as well as Bray would still watch out for Seth from time to time. They would watch him to make sure that he didn't slip up and try anything with Emily. Eventually Roman and his family had accepted Bray, he was so good to Emily. They were perfect for each other. Two of WWE's most dominant groups that have had war with each other were now living together peacefully, Bray Wyatt, the leader of The Wyatt Family, and Emily, The Sister of The Shield united as one.

(The End)

or Log in using