No Mercy So...the Main Event Will Be?

Discussion in 'PPV's & Specials' started by Grievous, Sep 3, 2017.

1. WWE Forums is giving away a copy of WWE 2K18 for any platform! More info: WWE 2K18 Giveaway (PS4, Xbox One, Steam)
?
  1. Lesnar vs. Strowman

82.4%
  2. Cena vs. Reigns

17.6%
  1. So...two huge matches have been booked for No Mercy...

Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman for the Universal title
    &
    John Cena vs. Roman Reigns (In a match I honestly
    thought would be on a Wrestlemania card)

But I'm honestly curious to see which match will actually
    main event the show.

So...which match do you think will close the show?

Cast your vote & and leave a comment to keep the
    discussions flowing...and I'll see you all around traps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roman match probably because it will be 'ONCE IN A LIFETIME'.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I say the championship will go on last. If WWE long-term wants a bigger feud between Cena and Reigns, they'd save the main event spot for later down the line.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lesnar vs Strowman. I feel like Reigns vs Cena is gonna have some kind of fucky finish

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Strowman and Brock. They always give Brock the main event when he's champ as I recall, unless it was this past mania. But that was because it was takers "last match." John and Roman is big, but i don't think it'll headline. This feud is gonna continue into mania I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lesnar vs Strowman will be the ME without a shadow of a doubt. Reigns vs Cena will co-ME.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Cena and Reigns but only if the Undertaker rumor is true.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And that's the key isn't it...

You would think if Cena vs. Reigns goes on last...then
    the chances for Taker showing up would skyrocket.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The entire purpose and line of thinking going into Wrestlemania is that Brock Lesnar is doing the honors for Roman Reigns.

This suggests that Lesnar is the glass ceiling that Reigns is shooting to break. With this line of logic Brock Lesnar is headlining this event.

For the time being, Brock Lesnar has headlining rights over John Cena due to a cleaner win/loss record and a superior record head to head as well.

Braun Strowman stands to gain. He's white hot right now and could use the main event rub far more than Cena and Reigns right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Lesnar vs Strowman all the way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Well...its pretty clear that Lesnar vs. Strowman should main event...

Hopefully it does...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Well, they are both pretty big guys. Both have great talent. It would make more sense for Vince to Main event them first.

13. Just bumping this to the front page instead of that other nonsense

I can't really envision it not being the universal title match, but either way it's okay. Strong top two matches.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I voted Cena and Roman just because of the Undertaker speculations floating around.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I guess it's possible, but think the dirtsheet are working themselves into a shoot, sister.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shhhh let me have this...
    Even though I don't want him to come back.

[​IMG]

17. I mean, I'm also leaning more towards Lesnar/Strowman but it would be kinda weird if the Undertaker makes an appearance after a match that isn't the main event. With that being said, I wouldn't mind it being like that. You can still have a not-so-important match following the Taker segment and then still have people be excited for Lesnar/Strowman.

Also, old school rules would always suggest the title match to end the show and especially with a strong and popular champ like Lesnar I don't see any reason as to why he shouldn't end the show

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was right

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted