OOC State of The League Address (The Final Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Nostradamus

Just a Work in Progress.
LDW Management
Hey everyone,

So if it seems like the league has been dead for a little while, well that's because it has. Even though Emo Emo held his own poll, I don't feel like it gave enough room or options for people. So, I'm making this thread to re-evaluate thing. Now, there are a few ways we can go about dealing with the league.

1. We end the 2K17 league, and start-up anew in 2K18. (Get The "F" Out Option)
2. We end it for good, with a bang. (The Original ECW Option)
3. We can head over to another league together, which means our league is just history but we move on. (The WCW Option)
4. We can try to finish off this year as best we can. (The TNA Option)
5. We (as in those in power/those willing to help) redesign and rebuild from the ground up. (The Seth Rollins Option)
6. We abandon it altogether. (The PuLs3 Option)

There is no poll, I want legitimate discussion.

I leave it up to everyone still involved in the Xbox League to decide, as it would be wrong of me to make this decision by myself and not include popular opinion.
Hash this out amongst yourselves and by Sunday, hopefully a decision will have been made.

I love this league. It needs justice and respect.

@Papa Franku's ear @MintMidget69 @SupaHeeroh @Fireshock Hybrid Hybrid @impactking C Closed Patriot Pants Patriot Pants @Hunter Ray

Solidus Solidus

Last edited:

Closed

The Game
Banned
I want serious posts from league members only. Any other comment will be deleted.
blah

Semi Serious Post

I honestly don't care if the league goes on/doesn't. This was my last year anyway, so I mean, take that as you like. It won't make a difference to me at all. Don't join other leagues though with this history. If this league dies then it should die. It had a good run, but joining other leagues while this being on the back end isn't good. Plus that's a fuck you to this website altogether in which Solidus was nice enough to allow us to move here. Options I agree with are

(The Original ECW Option)

(The TNA Option)

Also tag Solidus Solidus (Admin/Runner of the site) since he should know what's going on with the league at this state

Jonny Nostradamus

Just a Work in Progress.
LDW Management
blah

Semi Serious Post

I honestly don't care if the league goes on/doesn't. This was my last year anyway, so I mean, take that as you like. It won't make a difference to me at all. Don't join other leagues though with this history. If this league dies then it should die. It had a good run, but joining other leagues while this being on the back end isn't good. Plus that's a fuck you to this website altogether in which Solidus was nice enough to allow us to move here. Options I agree with are

(The Original ECW Option)

(The TNA Option)

Also tag Solidus Solidus (Admin/Runner of the site) since he should know what's going on with the league at this state
To be clear, I wouldn't abandon this site. I would try to bring something else to the table in the leagues place.

Closed

The Game
Banned
To be clear, I wouldn't abandon this site. I would try to bring something else to the table in the leagues place.
Why would that make any difference? Killing a 3 year plus league with limited members for a new one with what will be limited members?

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
As a legitimate reason, going out with a bang is probably the best conclusion for the league. There isn't much to salvage, and it's better to do something memorable than try to carry on something that there just isn't much interest in.

Just my $0.02 American

Sanic

The Architect
Hotshot
I'll allow it as long as it's serious.
Thank you Jet.

I won't say much but here's the options I would lean towards...

Get the "F" out - The best option in my opinion, it gives people a break and time for more people to come back and it isn't ending the league all together.

TNA option - This could work, the passion that some of you guys have the league is incredible and the people remaining can easily carry it through the rest of 2K17.

it's better to listen to the league members opinions than my own but yeah that's my opinion on the situation.

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Legend
As a once long standing member and survivor of what was quite possibly the most upside down league in existence that has gone through 8 different regimes of people running it at different times just in my time alone (Admin and WrestlingNation in the end of 2k14. Muuuftah, Admin and Harrison, Sam in 2k15. Gino, and the Admin of TWF at the time - I forget his name - in 2k16's TWF era. Frosty in WWEF era 2k16 and 2k17. And now Sonic) I' go for the TNA option and just keep it going. There are those, by the looks of things that still enjoy it and so IMO, that's what makes it worth the effort to struggle on.

The leagues will always go through periods of decline and will also go through periods of boom... You've just gotta fight your way through no mans land and sooner or later you'll get to where you want to be.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Legend
I would sign up again tbh, but me transfering over to PC gaming, there's no real reason for me to bother with Xbox Gold anymore so I can't really promise to join or anything but...

I think Seth Rollins option is a good one, or like the others have said, weather the storm with TNA option. If you go for Get The F out option, there's a good chance any interest there is currently just completely dies out by the time 2k18 comes around.

Solidus

I need scissors
Chairman
Definitely needs a rebuild. Look at the signup thread, it's so long and daunting for those just wanted to play and compete casually. Simplify it to appeal to more people.
The core of the problem is that there aren't enough players or nobody is signing up, now figure out why. Perhaps it's what I mentioned above. I also don't think anyone is willing to promo, it's certainly not what I'd expect to do when joining a league for a console game. Less commitment and work, more time playing and being rewarded.
I have access to custom features if things are needed, I am here to help.

Hybrid

The Artiste
Contender
I say a mix of the TNA and Seth Rollins option since there are people that still want to continue the league. I say something like a soft reboot. Basically, drop all the storylines and start again. While that is happening we can also try to recruit people to get some new blood pumping.

Jonny Nostradamus

Just a Work in Progress.
LDW Management
Piggybacking off a couple of people, I had another idea that I didn't include in the options because I never fleshed it out.
As much as I would hate to do it, it would involve getting rid of the promo aspect of the league (or minimizing it at least) and maximizing The Hierarchy aspect. This would mean that there would also be no "shows" and the league would take on a more competitive and statistical form. Matches would be organized in a sort of bracket or they could be free-form as well, meaning people decide on matches they want to have and report it back with proof.

Emo

The Artiste
Contender
Would look pretty bad if I didn't post my opinion on the matter, so here we go. My idea combines a few of the ideas and also adds in some ideas of my own.

1. First, I would be completely down for soft-reboot that we keep going on, however, I don't think we can do it with the current roster. It just doesn't leave enough variety, forcing us to pretty much have the same matches week after week. Unless we can get at least 4 or 5 new people, everyone is just going to lose their drive again in 2 months. And if we are unable to get enough people to join the league to avoid having the same match cards on repeat every month, then I don't think we should restart until 2K18(as it would be easier to get new people when the new game comes out)
  2. Also, I do agree that the sign-up thread needs to be shrunk down, which I would be more than happy to go through and let you know what I think should be taken out or what could be condensed.
  3. Regarding the idea of lessening the promos or getting rid of the requirement all together, I'd have to say my personal opinion is against this. The reason I stayed in this league over EIF is because I got tired of the competitive aspect of other leagues. This is the only league I know of where the focus is more on story, and I love it. So if we were to mess with that, I can't guarantee that I will stick around.
  4. Another thing I'm set on is that in the future, we need to have a good conversation about any new ideas implemented, because that really shot us in the foot this year, with the hierarchy especially. Ideas can't be implemented when they aren't thoroughly thought through, and the hierarchy showed us that as people were getting pissed off for the first few months because there was no actual system to it. Speaking of which, I still feel like there is no actual system to the hierarchy and that it needs to be talked over.
  5. Finally, this is in regards to the idea of recruiting by posting on random forums, reddit, etc. I don't think it is a good idea to get new members that way. The reason that leagues like EIF survived so long isn't by random recruitment. It is because people got their friends to join. I'm not saying we shouldn't recruit random people at all though, because every now and then one of those random will stick around, but typically they leave when things don't go their way. My point in that is proven by all of the randoms that joined this past year and left after losing their first match, because they thought they were going to be the best.The people who don't care about winning and who came to have fun and promo are going to be the people who were asked to join by a friend (I am a prime example of this, as both EIF and TWF are leagues that I was brought into by friends, not through random recruitment). So that should be the target audience for recruitment, not random forums.

• Agree
Reactions: Patriot Pants

Hybrid

The Artiste
Contender
Would look pretty bad if I didn't post my opinion on the matter, so here we go. My idea combines a few of the ideas and also adds in some ideas of my own.

1. First, I would be completely down for soft-reboot that we keep going on, however, I don't think we can do it with the current roster. It just doesn't leave enough variety, forcing us to pretty much have the same matches week after week. Unless we can get at least 4 or 5 new people, everyone is just going to lose their drive again in 2 months. And if we are unable to get enough people to join the league to avoid having the same match cards on repeat every month, then I don't think we should restart until 2K18(as it would be easier to get new people when the new game comes out)
  2. Also, I do agree that the sign-up thread needs to be shrunk down, which I would be more than happy to go through and let you know what I think should be taken out or what could be condensed.
  3. Regarding the idea of lessening the promos or getting rid of the requirement all together, I'd have to say my personal opinion is against this. The reason I stayed in this league over EIF is because I got tired of the competitive aspect of other leagues. This is the only league I know of where the focus is more on story, and I love it. So if we were to mess with that, I can't guarantee that I will stick around.
  4. Another thing I'm set on is that in the future, we need to have a good conversation about any new ideas implemented, because that really shot us in the foot this year, with the hierarchy especially. Ideas can't be implemented when they aren't thoroughly thought through, and the hierarchy showed us that as people were getting pissed off for the first few months because there was no actual system to it. Speaking of which, I still feel like there is no actual system to the hierarchy and that it needs to be talked over.
  5. Finally, this is in regards to the idea of recruiting by posting on random forums, reddit, etc. I don't think it is a good idea to get new members that way. The reason that leagues like EIF survived so long isn't by random recruitment. It is because people got their friends to join. I'm not saying we shouldn't recruit random people at all though, because every now and then one of those random will stick around, but typically they leave when things don't go their way. My point in that is proven by all of the randoms that joined this past year and left after losing their first match, because they thought they were going to be the best.The people who don't care about winning and who came to have fun and promo are going to be the people who were asked to join by a friend (I am a prime example of this, as both EIF and TWF are leagues that I was brought into by friends, not through random recruitment). So that should be the target audience for recruitment, not random forums.
Random recruitment has been shown to work in said leagues but it's once those people are in and have a good experience is when they bring in their friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

or Log in using