SummerSlam Match Card

Discussion in 'SummerSlam' started by Solid Snake, Aug 5, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. [​IMG]

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns
    Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship

Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
    Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

AJ Styles (c) vs. Samoa Joe
    Singles match for the WWE Championship

The Bludgeon Brothers (Harper and Rowan) (c) vs. TBD
    Tag team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship

Braun Strowman (MITB holder) vs. Kevin Owens
    Singles match for the Money in the Bank contract

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins
    Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Carmella (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair
    Triple threat match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Cedric Alexander (c) vs. Drew Gulak
    Singles match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Jeff Hardy
    Singles match for the WWE United States Championship

Share your thoughts and predictions below!

2. Match I'm looking forward to the most is Braun/Owens.

I so want Becky to win. Even if she ends up turning heel/tweener in the process. Just give her the fucking title.

3. Cards looks weak for the second biggest show of the year.

Fast predictions.

Strowman wins the title
    Ronda Rousey wins
    AJ Styles wins
    Bludgeson Brothers win
    Braun Strowman wins
    Dolph Ziggler wins
    Carmella wins
    Who cares about cruiserweight match
    Nakamura wins

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I still consider the Royal Rumble the second biggest PPV of the year but that is my favorite one so I am a bit biased on that. Either way, completely agree.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Honestly think this is a low-key stacked card. That's cool.

*goes back to watching the G1*

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Royal Rumble is my favorite PPV of the year to, but WWE always built SummerSlam as the second biggest of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It is stacked but lacks depth. :cry:

8. Think it looks a lot better when you're hardly paying attention to the card lol.
    It looks like a bunch of good wrestling matches with typical WWE build that's all overshadowed by the main event.
    Dubya see dubya.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. I only somewhat know what is going on and honestly don't have much interest. I hope it does better than I expect it to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. "Hey, another Ziggler vs Seth match, this time without a bored crowd? That sounds like it could be really good, glad I'm not watching Raw and watched it ten times already!"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. I mean this likely will be a solid match but the lacking story and repetitiveness is just bleh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. You would think AJ Vs Joe will steal the show. But it's probably just going to be average

This card is unpredictable as fuck

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. If Reigns managed to retire before the event and went to Alaska to be a bartender and wwe erased him from existence the card would be absolutely perfect
    but....reigns isn't retiring, reigns isn't going to alaska, reigns isn't going to be erased instead he's pushed too much for anyone to care...did i miss anything? LMAO

14. #14 SWL, Aug 17, 2018 at 6:59 PM
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018 at 7:07 PM
    I echo this. One thing I've noticed about indie guys facing other indie guys, is that they don't really compliment each other in a WWE ring most of the time. AJ's actually a great example for this because literally all of his good matches in WWE so far, have been with pure WWE creations. And every other PPV match he's had with an internet/indie darling has somewhat been average or even disappointing. Styles/Owens(/Zayn) or Styles/Nakamura are nothing compared to Styles/Cena, Styles/Reigns, Styles/Shane, Styles/Lesnar or even the more recent yet almost forgotten Styles/Rusev.
    Let's see if Styles/Joe will break this theory of mine but looking at Joe's WWE track record of singles feuds so far, I'm not really all that impressed (except for maybe his Lesnar feud which still strengthens my indie guy vs. WWE creation argument)

• Like Like x 1