News Talking Smack canceled

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Legend
By Mike Johnson on 2017-07-14 12:42:00
WWE has canceled Talking Smack as a weekly series, multiple sources have confirmed with PWInsider.com.

This past Tuesday's episode was its final episode on the WWE Network.

The series featured a lot of great character and promo work from different Smackdown roster performers including Kevin Owens and Alexa Bliss as well as Daniel Bryan and Renee Young doing a great job hosting.

The current plan, we are told, is to use Talking Smack exclusively as a post-PPV broadcast.

UPDATE 2 PM: WWE issued the following statement to PWInsider:

"We continuously review WWE Network’s programming line-up based on a variety of factors, including viewership and subscriber research. Talking Smack and Raw Talk will air following pay-per-view events, and Tuesday will continue to feature 205 LIVE."
UPDATED WITH WWE STATEMENT: TALKING SMACK CANCELED AS WEEKLY SERIES | PWInsider.com

Probably want more eyes on 205live.

• Cheers!
Reactions: Grievous II

Smg

The Game
Technician
Dumb move. If this was to get more people watching 205 Live, then it makes no sense whatsoever. If they want to make 205 Live better then stop making everything purple, allow the cruiserweights to have more freedom, and film the show before Smackdown. By the end of the SD show, the crowd is tired and not interested in watching Alicia Fox have a meltdown every week. How is wwe not seeing this, for fucks sake.

Loved Talking Smack, sad to see it go but glad it's not gone completely.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
[HASHTAG]#StopThePurple[/HASHTAG] I haven't been able to stand that shit since it's inception. I started to for a bit, but after a few months it was like 'ok, remove the purple and blend it' the more they try to make it special and seperate the more damage they're doing, guaranteed. They have the same guys on RAW aswell, so just make it part of RAW and remove the Purple. Or blend it with smackdown..... nah fuck that, that would make 3 hours of each show.

Ditch 205 Live, add it into RAW, without the fucking purple. Make RAW 2 houra (whenever their 3 hour contract runs out) and make it more action-packed. Make both RAW and Smackdown more action-packed.... WWE needs this.

Reactions: Grievous

The Reagmaster

#MakeJustKevinMod2019
Main Eventer
This irony is delicious, though. Celebrate female empowerment with the Mae Young Classic, dump the fun little post show with the perky female anchor that literally costs you nothing and provides quite a bit of opportunity. Plus the fact that Renee's Unfiltered show and her spot on Total Divas is also cancelled. The irony is clearly too much here.

Reactions: LoneStar305

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
And cancel the third hour of RAW and all the extra pay per views...

Less is more WWE...
Yes I totally agree, but I saw a video with jbl on a wwe talk show thing, talking about how raw has a contract for the third hour through til 2019 or something. Which sucks, but maybe they'll realize everyone begging to drop the 3rd hour and listen to their fans. Which seem to be fading away lately.

• Agree

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
Yes I totally agree, but I saw a video with jbl on a wwe talk show thing, talking about how raw has a contract for the third hour through til 2019 or something. Which sucks, but maybe they'll realize everyone begging to drop the 3rd hour and listen to their fans. Which seem to be fading away lately.
That was the same show where PeeWee Heyman told the
WWE fans if you don't like the 3 hour RAW then don't watch it.

Great business strategy there by Heyman and the WWE.

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Legend
Sources: Vince McMahon canceled WWE's Talking Smack

Reported by Justin Barrasso Via Sportsillustrated.com

Contrary to reports, Talking Smack was not canceled due to a lack of viewers.

The WWE Network show, popular among fans for its organic nature, was canceled by Vince McMahon.

McMahon, whose appearances at weekly WWE television shows is becoming increasingly irregular, was at TVs this past week. Sources close to the situation reported that McMahon was unhappy with the show and strongly believed it did not serve the company’s best interests.
Apparently unscripted, actually entertaining television where the talent can be genuine and grow on the mic is that shit Vince don't like.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Time to ship Old Man Vince off to a retirement home I think.

I say let Hunter run the main roster for a year and see if the
"numbers" increase...the ratings and the profits.
I second this! And like you said before, less is more, I totally agree with that as well.

Less TV time and less flashyness, dress it down alot.

I much prefer the late 90s setups compared to today's.
Sure today's sets look cool....at first. But then it gets old. Mostly because they use the same setup for ppv aswell. And the crowd lighting....different colours, why? Lol

Maybe I'm alone in this though, idk lol

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Legend
I'm not entirely sure HHH taking over is the real solution. It would be a change of pace sure but not a permanent solution. However, If NXT is an indication I'd say we are in good hands regardless.

• Agree

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
Vince probably cancelled it because Daniel Bryan was on it...
and Vince wants the fans to forget about Bryan and focus on
that other guy Vince likes.

Last edited:

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Contender
Wow, lot of hatred for Vince McMahon here.

Talking Smack was cancelled because no, it wasn't free. It has production costs, staffing costs and Young and Bryan potentially earned a bonus. It also meant that wrestlers were spending less time moving on to the next time and more time hanging around for an interview so it wasn't popular with the wrestlers.

It was cancelled, ultimately, because nobody watched it. It's the same with Unfiltered, unfortunately. WWE let Renee Young have the show as an experiment to see if the different format could get views. It didn't. She left Total Divas because she's not the one they wanted to get on there in the first place. WWE have been trying for years to get Dean Ambrose to market himself like the star that most fans think he is but he won't do it so they can't push him.

Talking Smack was a great show. I loved it. It was 18th on the network when it was cancelled according to Meltzer. Old ECW reboot shows from 2005 were getting more views. There's no conspiracy from Vince. WWE cancelled a show that nobody wanted to watch.

or Log in using