The Wednesday Night War

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
It was a Christmas episode that was taped and had spoilers available to anyone and everyone who wanted to read them. Considering Christmas episodes traditionally go down in viewership, the fact that they went up theoretically tells us that more people care about WWE (theoretically because again, and I will argue this until I die, the rating system is extremely outdated and meaningless in today's society unless you are an advertiser).

Also, you forgot to mention that this week makes it week number 2 in a row that NXT has beaten AEW in the war :P

InsaneAlphaBeta

The "Narrow Minded" Dave Meltzer of WWEF
Hotshot
It was a Christmas episode that was taped and had spoilers available to anyone and everyone who wanted to read them. Considering Christmas episodes traditionally go down in viewership, the fact that they went up theoretically tells us that more people care about WWE.
Perhaps but it IS worth noting, the number, while it did go up, it wasnt by much, the fact is it is still very much within the average viewership they get every week, so the fact AEW didnt even have a show didnt really effect their rating at all, it shows how split the audience is, and it makes sense when you consider WWEs core demo is the older 50+

Demos and ratings are important in seeing who your audience is, that atleast is undesputed (heh..see what i did there?)

Amigo Seto

The Fastest Gun
Legend
I am going to get this out of the way, and I will catch heat for it, but I watched last week's Dynamite and Jesus fuck man. I know, why Botchmania had a lot of it on 401, and the main thing that was awful was JR's commentary. Excalibur is still okay, though I liked him better in PWG, and Tony is really good. JR though good god man it was bad. He kept botching names and everything and it was just frustrating especially since he kept mixing up and calling The Butcher and The Blade wrong names.

Jeffry Fucking Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
LDW Management
Perhaps but it IS worth noting, the number, while it did go up, it wasnt by much, the fact is it is still very much within the average viewership they get every week, so the fact AEW didnt even have a show didnt really effect their rating at all, it shows how split the audience is, and it makes sense when you consider WWEs core demo is the older 50+

Demos and ratings are important in seeing who your audience is, that atleast is undesputed (heh..see what i did there?)
It doesn't matter that it went up by only a little, the fact that it went up at all on a week where it has historically been down says all that it needs to say. AEW not having a show has nothing to do with it. You can talk about "core demo over 50" blah blah blah all day. A lot of people go to parents/grandparents houses on Christmas, which is a very simple explanation for the older viewing audience going up and the younger going down. Because they weren't watching it at their own/usual location. Which, btw, is yet another argument for why the ratings system is heavily flawed. It doesn't actually track the viewers, but rather just leaves a lot of it up to estimation.

And no, it's very much disputed. And not even just from me. There is PLENTY of criticism of the way the Nielsen system is calculated. Hell, Google tracks every little fucking thing I do like goddamn spies (hi Google), and even with a sample size of one, they can't give me advertisements that are actually even remotely relevant to me. So to say that this huge sample size using an outdated system shows almost anything at all of importance seems absurd to me

InsaneAlphaBeta

Hotshot
It doesn't matter that it went up by only a little, the fact that it went up at all on a week where it has historically been down says all that it needs to say. AEW not having a show has nothing to do with it.
But it has everything to do with it, realisticly with AEW not having a show, those viewers would watch NXT instead, but that seemingly didnt happen.

Unless ofcourse it did and we just cant tell, seeing as both shows get the same viewers ish every week (the average is very close) it could be a case of half the audience is the NXT audience and the other half is the AEW audience, meaning if both shows had a show this week both could have dropped th around 400k thousand viewers.

But again, that is just a theory, the fact is we just dont know, we will know next week though.

Speaking of which both shows viewership should get to over 1 million, as Janurary as where the ratings pick back up again

InsaneAlphaBeta

Hotshot
Just a quick FYI for anyone interested.

Obviously as stated before im busy with working on getting a PS4 and Dreams so i can make Evolution, but due to that im not able to do the recaps, but im also unable to work on this thread.

However, with my absence i may have a way to keep this thing alive, there are websites that keep track of the wednesday night war, and until i return i can simply leave a link to that site in the main post so every thursday you guys can still come here, click the link and see the ratings when they go live! that way this thread wont become wasted space lol

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Just let me put a kickstarter up for you and we can probably get some funding. I know you said it would be difficult for you to get the actual money, but I can help you with it.

Ask for help. Helping is my favorite thing.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Hotshot
Just let me put a kickstarter up for you and we can probably get some funding. I know you said it would be difficult for you to get the actual money, but I can help you with it.

Ask for help. Helping is my favorite thing.
Oh id love it if you and others could help! but it isnt that simple lol.

You see, ive tried that route, using Kickstarter but there are things for that i need that i dont have access to, like a bank account and other things ()Due to various IRL situations that for now arent important.

My current method will work, but its gonna take 6 months, the only way you can help if you want to would be as you said, to start a kickstarter and raise enough money (which would be around $250/260 ish for the cheapest kind of PS4) and use that money to buy a PS4 and mail it to me lol (or you buy it and i give you my address and it ships to me)

Thats the only way i can think of! like i said i can get it, its just gonna take a very long time, but if you want to help and do that words cannot express how greatful and thankful i would be!

Killer Orange Cat

Quiet You
Chairman
Oh id love it if you and others could help! but it isnt that simple lol.

You see, ive tried that route, using Kickstarter but there are things for that i need that i dont have access to, like a bank account and other things ()Due to various IRL situations that for now arent important.

My current method will work, but its gonna take 6 months, the only way you can help if you want to would be as you said, to start a kickstarter and raise enough money (which would be around $250/260 ish for the cheapest kind of PS4) and use that money to buy a PS4 and mail it to me lol (or you buy it and i give you my address and it ships to me)

Thats the only way i can think of! like i said i can get it, its just gonna take a very long time, but if you want to help and do that words cannot express how greatful and thankful i would be!
That's pretty easy to figure out. I do a kickstarter, put the money onto a prepaid card and send to you in the mail. Not too difficult.

• Love
Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

Hotshot
That's pretty easy to figure out. I do a kickstarter, put the money onto a prepaid card and send to you in the mail. Not too difficult.
Sounds good to me! thank you! if you have any questiosn dont hesitate to send me a PM!

Words cannot accurately express hwo thankful and greatful i am for this!

or Log in using

Latest Discussions