News Thunder Rosa showed fighting spirit in MMA debut but lost via unanimous decision

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend

Melissa Cervantes (aka Thunder Rosa, Kobra Moon) made her first trip to La Juala to compete in MMA with Combate Americas. Her debut bout on Nov. 8 did not go her way.

Note: I planned to watch the fight live but was unable. I haven’t come across any highlight clips, so this is the best I could do with the information I could find.

Cervantes showed fighting spirit but lost via unanimous decision.

Nadine Mandiau defeats Melissa Cervantes via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)#CombateSanAntonio pic.twitter.com/pnmOvM5nTG

— Combate Americas (@combateamericas) November 9, 2019
She did a lot better in her MMA debut than a lot of wrestlers turned MMA fighters. @thunderrosa22 is TOUGH! Congrats on making it through all 3 rounds against a tough opponent. This is only the beginning #CombateSanAntonio #combateamericas Edwin (The Ace) Acevedo ♠♥♦♣ on Twitter

— Masked Republic (@maskedrepublic) November 9, 2019
Here is an interview with winner Nadine Mandiau. It has a few action clips spliced in.

"I lost my first pro fight and I used it as fuel." - @TooMuchMandiau #CombateSanAntonio pic.twitter.com/jbcyzJSmQ6

— Combate Americas (@combateamericas) November 9, 2019
Cervantes suffered a cut above her nose during the battle.

Never back down.... #lameramera #Unstoppable pic.twitter.com/iHFPvFvN33

— Thunder Rosa (@thunderrosa22) November 9, 2019
Despite the setback, Cervantes is determined to return to MMA.

Sitting in the ER not feeling defeated but more determined than ever to train even harder! #combateamericas

— Thunder Rosa (@thunderrosa22) November 9, 2019
Cervantes’ return to professional wrestling as Thunder Rosa won’t be a long wait. She is scheduled for Nov. 16 at Ladies Night Out 8.

If video or highlights of the fight get released, we’ll be sure to post an update here.

Continue reading...

or Log in using

Latest Discussions