TNA To Sue WWE Over Ric Flair?

Arrow

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Legend
"The argument could be made that TNA has the legal right to sue WWE since they are using a contracted TNA performer to draw ticket sales and DVD sales for the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame with Ric Flair being inducted with The Four Horsemen.

According to The Wrestling Observer, No word yet if TNA will pursue any kind of action against WWE but as of earlier this week, they had not made any decision. It's possible TNA could work out a deal where WWE would pay them a settlement for their usage of Flair.

For what it's worth, Ric Flair has admitted privately that the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame appearance is not a done deal legally and referred to getting TNA's approval as a "technicality."
Source: http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0119/548782/ric-flair/
That's going to really suck..

Arrow

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Legend
I really think that it's just TNA's way of gaining popularity and profit out of all of this. If TNA were to sue, TNA would lose horribly, because WWE had a mass ammount of lawyers.... (Not Otunga).

seabs

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
Legend
I doubt they'll sue tbh. The WWE will only show footage they own so it's not like they're breaching any copyright. Worst case scenario Vince will have to give TNA a small down payment.

leojay

Legend
Legend
I honestly don't think Flair would allow them to do that, judging by an interview I read somewhere on him describing how happy he was for it to happen.

Boogie-Woogie

Jobber
Jobber
Wasn’t Ric Flair at the Hall Of Fame Ceremony last year for HBK’s Induction? He was on stage and everything, so if it wasn’t a problem then why is it a problem now?

Crayo

The Boss
Legend
Boogie-Woogie said:
Wasn’t Ric Flair at the Hall Of Fame Ceremony last year for HBK’s Induction? He was on stage and everything, so if it wasn’t a problem then why is it a problem now?
Because he'll be inducted so TNA could see it as WWE trying to draw tickets by his presence.

Arrow

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Legend
Crayo said:
Because he'll be inducted so TNA could see it as WWE trying to draw tickets by his presence.
I'm hoping TNA does sue WWE, because then they will have more money to put towards the props and stage sets. I would like to see TNA be more like ECW.

seabs

Mighty Morphin Power Ranger
Legend
Boogie-Woogie said:
Was he on stage? I know he was in the crowd. Plus he wasn't advertised as being there. People bought tickets to see HBK inducted this year they're paying to see Ric Flair and the Horseman inducted.

Boogie-Woogie

Jobber
Jobber
Actually how would TNA be able to sue the WWE? I don't see how the WWE have done anything wrong. If Flair does show up at the Hall Of Fame Ceremony without the permission from TNA surly flair would be the one to get sued as Flair would be in breach of contract.

or Log in using