Featured Too Many Heel Vs. Heel Matches?

Discussion in 'Survivor Series' started by Solid Snake, Nov 3, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

So we have...
    The Miz vs. Baron Corbin.
    Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss.
    Jinder Mahal vs. Brock Lesnar.

Is this too many? I mean it would appear that the issue here is having heels in general being dominant on both shows. I normally favor heels since I tend to find them more entertaining but it feels like it is a bit much to me. Fans have already voiced not wanting to see Jinder and Lesnar so I would put money on it most people are not too happy about the other matches either. No one wants to see Miz lose but he likely will. And not many want to see Bliss win, but she likely will.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Its terrible booking and these matches have no purpose.

All 6 of these performers should have been integrated into
    the 5 on 5 Elimination matches.

In 2016 Survivor Series was awesome...but this year...it
    looks like a giant waste of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. I have no problem with it. From a Kayfabe standpoint, it's just two dicks trying to prove their better than the other guy and from a real standpoint heels are easily just as over as faces. I'm surprised heel v heel or face v face matches don't happen as often

4. Well, now this makes sense...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. #5 King Of Armageddon, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    AND Most of the heels are holding gold!!
    Like a few people on here have said, WWE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FORM A PROPER FACE THESE DAYS AND BARELY, YES BARELY KNOW HOW TO MAKE A DECENT HEEL AT ALL!!

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. at first it felt weird to me but looking at Miz/Corbin right now, I don't see much of a problem here because they made a story out of it. Especially Miz has always been vocal about making the IC title mean more and this fits perfectly into doing that.
    Mahal vs Lesnar isn't really heel vs heel because in the eyes of most viewers, Brock's a face anyways and especially in this feud/match.
    Bliss vs Natalya on the other hand is a complete throwaway.. I don't even think both of them acknowledged that they're facing each other on the PPV yet. Not on social media or on television lol

7. Lesnar isn't a heel nor is he a baby face. He swings both ways. The miz is so good that he can make any angle work. And I just don't care about the women's match. I like that they are booking all Raw vs Smackdown matches, it makes the PPV special because it's way different than what we see all year

8. #8 edge4ever, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    They’re making this completely based on raw vs smackdown, that’s like the theme this year more than last year. So, it’s champion vs champion, brand vs brand, and it happens to be heels. Who cares? I think it’ll be entertaining and different.

Also, Brock is a neutral character. I don’t know if I’d classify him as a heel per day... he’s truly “thee guy” if you will.

9. I don't really mind it, it's actually nice for a change that WWE booked something different.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. This

• Like Like x 2
  11. Well, as of yesterday (or very early this morning depending on your location), you can scratch one of the three aformentioned matches since AJ became new WWE Champion and will be facing Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series instead; barring any major changes or events on the go home show next week, that is...

As for the other two, I honestly don't have a problem with and, as mentioned above, at least Miz and Corbin made something out of it with their back and forth on social media, turning this to a pretty interesting match after all. The best part, in my view, is the unpredictability of the outcome cause I'm not sure you can really choose either one with ease and call it a safe bet. As of today, and looking at the card so far, I think I'm leaning more towards Corbin but we shall see...

On the other hand, if they stick with Bliss vs. Natalya (Natty, as we now know, is defending against Charlotte next week so there's always the possibility of a title change, hence another change on the SS card), I think it's safe to say that Bliss wins but, again, we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week...

• Like Like x 2
  12. :bayley: It doesn't matter as much as you think it does, because the line that divided faces and heels has been greatly blurred for yeeaaars. People don't go to a WWE show thinking, "I can't WAIT to see (Face) beat (Heel)!" They go thinking, "Let's go watch these people put on an entertaining show."

The entire WWE roster is pretty much a face. :bitw: Except Roman when he's on his own.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I also think it's cool to have some heel vs heel and face vs face matches, it's something different.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Yeah..Its diffrent. I agree. But its also nice for only soo long. Eventually it'll get boring. And they'll hv to change it up..

15. What do you mean? Heel v heel and face v face is a change up from the traditional heel v face that's been going on for decades. Don't get me wrong, the traditional rivalries works really well

Besides, this is probably only going to be a one month thing :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Isn’t Brock cheered over the other guy if when he beats the shit out of anybody the crowd cheers because they’ll hate Jinder Mahal. That’s babyface vs heel, but yeah no the rest will be shit.

In wrestling, it used to be easy to be a heel and hard to be a babyface, now it’s easy to be a face because you just have to be heel and there are no heels because they’re all getting cheered by the k00l kidz

17. :bayley: Wasn't the "k00l kidz" that exposed the business decades ago though.

18. I think people on this forum love taking shit out of context to make their point, starting to become the SquaredCircle sub.

If you read everything I wrote there I never mentioned it was them who exposed it and never claimed they did who they should be battered for cheering people who act like heels because they’re better babyface that way.

But yeah you keep trying to stir shit up because you get triggered by someone having an opinion or a post that isn’t “wrestling has evolved!!! dey don’t need 2 be and people always new it wos fake”

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Oh wow. If you think THAT was me feeling "triggered," you should see me when I'm ACTUALLY angry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ooooh Dear, I dnt think we would want to see ya get THAT Angry. Just keep Mr Green Hulk calm and all should be fine..... I hope.

• Thanks Thanks x 1