Vintage Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Legend
Cole has talent, but is ground down by countless filters till he's nothing but a pulp. It's too bad, because you rewatch some of his older stuff or some of his side shows like NXT UK or the original game show NXT, and he is pretty good. He's got a good voice, he thinks quick, and sans "Ooooooooh myyyyy" he's got really good reactions. However, force on hundreds of catchphrases, childish responses, tons of advertising, and rip away the ability to improve, and even the greatest announcers will sink

Mauro is the best one though, no competition

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Cole has talent, but is ground down by countless filters till he's nothing but a pulp. It's too bad, because you rewatch some of his older stuff or some of his side shows like NXT UK or the original game show NXT, and he is pretty good. He's got a good voice, he thinks quick, and sans "Ooooooooh myyyyy" he's got really good reactions. However, force on hundreds of catchphrases, childish responses, tons of advertising, and rip away the ability to improve, and even the greatest announcers will sink

Mauro is the best one though, no competition
But thats why Michael Cole is the best, because he can work both sides of the fence. If he gets the opportunity, he can do a great job on calling a match on his own with no one in his ear. But on the flip side, he is an absolute pro at handling Vince in his ear and making sure that he gets all the advertisements and plugs into the show. No one does it better than Michael Cole.

JacobFox

You Can't Beat my Meowcenaries
Commissioner
Tired of people trashing Michael Cole.
He is the voice of WWE and Jim Ross is way passed his prime and could never handle what Michael Cole does every week. Anyone else here think that Michael Cole is the best announcer in wrestling?

I was able to overlook you liking Roman Reigns but come on. This is borderline delusional.

Michael is what is WRONG with commentating (he is not an announcer). He rarely talks about the match and he is boring to listen to. In fact, replacing him with someone worth listening to would likely make us less likely to fall asleep during the show.

I have NEVER been a Jim Ross fan. I have always thought he was overrated. Even now, he is leagues ahead of Michael Cole.

Michael had ONE good moment. He showed TREMENDOUS class and poise when Jerry Lawler had his heart attack. I respected the way he handled it. But to think this man is the best commentator in wrestling? OMG. LOL.

Guys better than Cole: Jim Ross, Mauro Renallo, Vampiro, MATT STRYKER FOR FUCK'S SAKE IS BETTER, Nigel McGuinness, Don Callis, Kevin Kelley, Shinji Yoshino, Shinpei Nogami..

Cole might be better than Renee Young, Corey Graves and Josh Matthews, but even THAT is stretching it.

JacobFox

Commissioner
I agree he's the best announcer in pro wrestling..

He also does so much work behind the scenes to, he's only missed one RAW in 20 years which is crazy.

He's exactly what WWE is looking for.
Maybe if he did less work behind the scenes his commentary wouldn't be crap.

JacobFox

Commissioner
I thought the "Michael Cole is the worst" meme had died long ago... No one can deny his working skills and abilities, I was never a fan personally I think he was better as a heel. But I don't really get the purpose of this thread, I hardly see people saying cole is the problem I think more and more people know that Vince has been the problem and for a long time. Cole is just being a professional and doing his job, selling the WWE product that's what he is payed to do. He can also call a great match and do a very good job at it but that's not what he is asked to do.
It's a troll thread. He knows by making this comment that some people will get worked up and argue with him about it. He's been doing it with the transparent Roman Reigns act for years now. Fortunately it is harmless trolling, which is why he is allowed to go on with it.

JacobFox

Commissioner
...the numbers dont lie

WWE just had their highest revenue in the company's history

Just like Big Sexy Kevin Nash always says, theres only 2 real things in wrestling. The money and the miles.
Actually the numbers do lie. They lie two ways: inflation and stock prices. That why WWE is doing so well right now. It's also why Avatar and not Gone with the Wind is the highest grossing movie ever.

Brockamura

Legend
Legend
Maybe if he did less work behind the scenes his commentary wouldn't be crap.
Cole can do a really good job at calling a match but he is not the best, right now in WWE at the moment that's not what he is asked for. Same with Corey, or anyone who goes to RAW... The problem is the RAW format for commentating seems to be such a cluster fuck.

It's a troll thread. He knows by making this comment that some people will get worked up and argue with him about it. He's been doing it with the transparent Roman Reigns act for years now. Fortunately it is harmless trolling, which is why he is allowed to go on with it.
Oh well, might be a troll thread. But we can still talk about the subject in a positive way.

JacobFox

Commissioner
Cole can do a really good job at calling a match but he is not the best, right now in WWE at the moment that's not what he is asked for. Same with Corey, or anyone who goes to RAW... The problem is the RAW format for commentating seems to be such a cluster fuck.

Oh well, might be a troll thread. But we can still talk about the subject in a positive way.
As WWE's ratings keep going down, then they'll have to start asking him to step up his game because he is systematic of their dwindling ratings.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
He thinks Michael Cole is the best "announcer" in wrestling. Your question answers itself.
If Michael Cole was an announcer, he would probably be the best at that too. Theres no reason to get all worked up about this. But lets just look at the facts, Michael Cole has been with WWE for 20 years and you wont be able to find 1 person in the wrestlinf business who has a negative thing to say about him. Even that old sour puss Jim Ross puts Michael Cole over.

• LOL
Reactions: JacobFox

JacobFox

Commissioner
If Michael Cole was an announcer, he would probably be the best at that too. Theres no reason to get all worked up about this. But lets just look at the facts, Michael Cole has been with WWE for 20 years and you wont be able to find 1 person in the wrestlinf business who has a negative thing to say about him. Even that old sour puss Jim Ross puts Michael Cole over.
Don't make me laugh. Plenty of people badmouth Cole all the time in the business. Maybe if you got your head of of Vince's butt, you'd know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

or Log in using