WCW should've won the war!

Who would you rather won the war?

• WCW

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Reagmaster

#MakeJustKevinMod2019
Main Eventer
Marry me... or at least let's have a great weekend in a hotel somewhere...
Can I be Best man?
Off Topic: I am just being silly. The many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is a theory that tries to explain that wavefunction doesn't collapse, it's universal. So if it's universal, it can be interpreted to say that every single possibility in history has happened in possibly an infinite number of universes. But the very crux of the many world interpretation is that if you believe it is true, then you have to deny wavefunction collapse and theorize that wavefunction is universal. Hence my lame joke :emoji_slight_smile:
....what?
Guys, can we all agree on thing though? Can we all agree that Russo was the cause of everything in WCW and WWF?
Cause of everything right, I fully agree

Reactions: Tiger Mask

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
WCW died because of WCW, it was always a money pit made money for 2 years (late 96-mid 98 IIRC).

It was always reliant on Teds money, he lot control of his company and had things like executives who did care aout losing money.

And they drove their own fans away. The wrestling thing was also a bubble it popped 2001 but I think the signs were there late 2000. Hogan did nto use his creative control thing as they designed a screwy finish but he had a word with the ref to not do a fast count which made Bret look like an idiot so he cut the balls off Sting (protected finish)and Brett, and confused the fans.

Even then the wheels did not fall off until about the Finger poke of Doom and the lead up to it.

RAW has been the dribbling shits though I am a month behind.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Mid-Carder
I nearly weep when I think of WCW in its prime. Excelent presentation, smart outfits, inventive promos, ending credits, WCW had it all.

Only thing is though, Sting was one of the only truly loyal guys. If some of the others had just stuck around and if more guys from WWE hadn't gotten seduced by the promises of glitz and glamour, WCW could've won the war.

• Applause
Reactions: WholeFN'Moe

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
I nearly weep when I think of WCW in its prime. Excelent presentation, smart outfits, inventive promos, ending credits, WCW had it all.

Only thing is though, Sting was one of the only truly loyal guys. If some of the others had just stuck around and if more guys from WWE hadn't gotten seduced by the promises of glitz and glamour, WCW could've won the war.
I agree, it was a great, great product from start until the day they messed it all up...

But people just want to condemn it for that one period where it was god awful, which it was & I'm not denying that... Or just because they suck up to the boss or in the fans case, the winner to sound like they're smart.

Just sucks to think of what might've been... if it stuck around they would have changed management & the industry would've been way better today

I just picture their presentation & it was so big & exciting, action packed... & then the talent on top of that just put it over the roof. When wrestling guys were running it right it was the best. Even Eric had some great ideas... in his own words "You can make a bunch of little mistakes but very few big ones" He f'd up... but I think he gets way too much flack.

Not saying I would rather pick either but I trust his word over Vince any day... that guy is the most deceptive, evil weasel to ever be in the business. People talk about how he's all family now but that was 100% for his own gain & all it did was make his product pure garbage while he counts his money off an already established brand with crap programming. Reminds me of The Simpsons or Disney.

I don't care what anybody says, there's nothing "genius" about that guy. Hogan made him, then he stole a bunch of ideas from Heyman along with Austin & it's sucked ever since then.

Last edited:

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Mid-Carder
For the record, could someone here please tell me why so many people have voted for WWE? I mean, think of all the insensitivity and crass segments that WWE has aired? If WCW had won the war, we´d never have been subjected to them in the first place.

• Applause

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
For the record, could someone here please tell me why so many people have voted for WWE? I mean, think of all the insensitivity and crass segments that WWE has aired? If WCW had won the war, we´d never have been subjected to them in the first place.
I suspect a lot of them either are to young to remember WCW and only know it from WWE Propganda or remember the tail end of WCW when it was the dribbling shits.

When WCW was good it holds up well even to the AE, I have watched the occasional random 96/97 episode of Nitro it holds up well to RAW today lol.

• Applause

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
I think I am going to watch WCW Nitro from either the start to 98 or o or watch it form the Nash/Hall turning up and forming the NWO.

I have been watching the AE up to the middle of 2001 (July IIRC) and watched from Oct 1998 or so.

See how it holds up now I just turned 40 instead of 18 in early 97.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
I know this thread is dead and gone, but even Paul Heyman predicted WCW's downfall before it happened.
WCW was a joke in 1995 and that is what his comments are about.

He predicted thye would have 1 guy and a heap of jobbers, this was before they kicked WWF in the ass as well.

WCW was poorly run was the main problem.

Seto-san

The Homicidol
Legend
WCW was a joke in 1995 and that is what his comments are about.

He predicted thye would have 1 guy and a heap of jobbers, this was before they kicked WWF in the ass as well.

WCW was poorly run was the main problem.
I knew what he was talking about, I just found it funny how he described everything that was going on.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
I knew what he was talking about, I just found it funny how he described everything that was going on.
He complete missed the WCW doing great for 2-3 years though.

The main problem was WCW was always reliant on Ted Turners money- they only had 2 profitable years (97 and 98). And that is NWO, kind of explains why they went overboard on the NWO after it ceased to be interesting.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Mid-Carder
WWE may have won the war, but it didn´t destroy its enemy. I finished watching Starcade 1992 last night and I can honestly say that WCW isn´t dead. WWE has preserved the best of it from what I can tell and was smart enough to preserve what WCW produced. Most of the shows we either saw or attended have been uploaded to WWE Network, where it can be seen in many countries, so the legends of Harley Race, Sting, Big Van Vader, Sid Vicious continue.

In every victory something good can happen. As ambitious as WWE was, it didn´t extinguish the fire of WCW. In some ways, it burns brighter than before.

or Log in using