Science We are made of literal stardust*

Discussion in 'Serious Topics & Debates' started by Solid Snake, Sep 7, 2017.

1. WWE Forums is giving away a copy of WWE 2K18 for any platform! More info: WWE 2K18 Giveaway (PS4, Xbox One, Steam)
  1. #1 Solid Snake, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    "For decades, science popularizers have said humans are made of stardust, and now, a new survey of 150,000 stars shows just how true the old cliché is: Humans and their galaxy have about 97 percent of the same kind of atoms, and the elements of life appear to be more prevalent toward the galaxy's center, the research found."

source

What are your thoughts on this?

My late night random thoughts (open)
    For me, I am not going to deny my beliefs in God or in Jesus. What the bible states in Genesis about Adam being created from literal dirt always fascinated me. The reason why this topic sparked my interest ties in with this. Everything in dirt can be found in the human body without eating it and vice versa. I am talking about raw minerals. When you bury a human (or mammal) body in raw dirt, it decomposes. It over time becomes one with the earth. I believe a lot of Native Americans had better understanding of the process of life and how closely we are all related in terms of physical minerals from one to another, to another to animals, and animals directly with the earth. It is designed to constantly renew itself in a life and death process just like what? A star. This is one of the reasons I have an issue with the modern burial services they do today, it robs the earth of minerals a decomposing body can offer. We are all quit literally made of the same stuff in the universe, all tied in to one another (human to human, human to animal, human to nature) whether we like it or not, and I find this all pretty amazing.

I am rambling now at this point so just take the article and topic for what it is and talk about it.

We have more in common with the stars than most people are aware, and I believe this to be true. It is late and I need to go to sleep but I thought this would make for an interesting discussion where we can talk science (with a dabble of spirituality on my behalf) instead of the more common jargon that people are too engulfed in right now. If what I said doesn't make sense, just ignore it for now. I am tired and may not be making any sense. lol

• Like Like x 2
  2. I am not Christian or religious in general so I don't buy the whole Adam from dirt and Eve from Adam.

I've always considered evolution to be a pretty good explanation about where we're from. But I'm no scientist and I'm not gonna pretend to be. I have no idea why we have stuff common with stardust. But is it just humans or something all living things have common with stars.

If it's the latter, then the whole big bang thing could explain it, we all broke away from a star and it's only logical we have some things common with our origin.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Leave that out if you don't believe in it. I was just sharing why it sparked my attention, not to debate it.
    This is simply about the human body and the stars, and what the article speaks on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not debating, just stating my opinion. I don't debate religion because I believe everyone has the right to their own opinion. Irrespective of how right or wrong it seems to me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Fair enough. I should be sleeping not thinking about star dust. lol But what you said too lines up with that. The big bang theory would make everything being physically related on a mineral, atom, and molecule level make sense. We have electricity in our bodies as well, just like the earth does. Another fascinating thing that is taking me off topic.. lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted