Games What was your first experience with video games ?

Discussion in 'Gaming & Media' started by jminter2698, May 17, 2018.

1. My earliest memories were watching my dad play a Sega Genesis and my sister had a Super Nintendo, I think we used to have an Atari but I'm not sure. I specifically remember the Mortal Kombat phase and the sports games my dad always used to play like basketball, baseball and football, as well as Sonic The Hedgehog. My sister always played Super Mario Bros and was into Donkey Kong Country and The Legend Of Zelda. I actually never had a chance to play those games when they first came out but we had them for many years after that because we would always switch to the newest version of the game after a few years of playing the same ones over and over. My first time playing it myself was when I was around 6 or 7 years old and still had the Sega Genesis from earlier in the 90's, I didn't get a PlayStation system until 2000 but it was the small white mini version, my dad had the original grey one from 95 and before I got one myself I always came over to his house to hang out with him and play Tekken 2 and he would always beat me lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. I know that I had some Pokemon games first, but the earliest direct memory I can recall is playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 on PS2 with my neighbor before elementary school in third or fourth grade. Another early memory that could possibly predate that if I'm not remembering the order correctly is whenever I got pissed off at a PS2 game and chucked it as hard as I could to the other side of the basement. I can't recall why. I'm pretty sure it was Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters.

3. Super Mario Bros on NES.

That was when I was three years old maybe? Hooked from that point on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Same. I remember playing with my mom all the time, I was probably like 4-5. Good times.

• Like Like x 2
  5. That I could remember? That Duck Hunt game. lol I played quite a few games on the NES but really got into gaming with the SNES.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. It would be watching my dad play his Atari playing pong, space invaders, pacman and an athletics game. I Probably playing Pong against him would be the first game i ever played at like 4 years old.

First game i ever owned myself would have been Super Mario Bros when I got a NES for my 5th birthday

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are the games I played when I was around 3

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pokemon Yellow
    Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Donkey Kong Country
    Sonic the Hedgehog 1,2,3
    Dr Mario on Gameboy
    Megaman 2
    Sonic Spinball
    Golden Axe
    Altered Beast

Some of the best games ever made in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Didnt start playing games till around 2002/3 and also played pokemon but it was Emerald. In my defence was only 3

10. Tetris...on the Classic "Grey Brick" Gameboy...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. >playstation
    >first gaming experience
    Fuck. I'm old.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Im getting old to I am 20 in just over 24hrs.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. The Nintendo 64. My first game was Diddy Kong Racing, and I got used to it quite easily. Once I figured out how the basic fuctions worked, I adapted to not only this game, but many. I remember the next games I would play would be gold mines. One of the Mario Parties, Army Men Sarge's Heroes, Super Smash Bros, Super Mario 64 and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It wouldn't be long until I got a Gameboy Color and then more came into my hands, such as my first Game boy game, Pokemon Blue. It was a heavy mixture of the music, storyline, gameplay and lore that attracted me to most games. It was all extremely immersive and from then on out I got more consoles, and expanded to many different games and whatnot. I also gained the interest of not only new titles, but overall all games and consoles. Atari 2600 is bae.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Pokemon Yellow is God tier

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I can only remember first playing the sega genesis, having the sega channel, borrowing the
    sega game gear from my brother and going over to friends to play sega dreamcast hahahahah

By the way Sega Channel was the hiznits back in the day. I miss that hahaha good stuff.

18. My very first one was some lame GameCube game, but my first REAL one was the Spiderman ps1 game
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Going to show my age here...

[​IMG]

Yes, the Atari 2600... in 1980 at 4 years of age I played Combat on the 2600... That and Missile Command kept my interest peaked and my first true mind blowing experience was on Christmas Day in 1985 when I received the NES and the Super Mario Bros game... which, many don't know, was not originally bundled with the system... Super Mario Bros was awesome.. then 3 months later the Legend of Zelda arrived on the scene and my love for RPGs blossomed and still grows to this day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Thanks to my oldest brother being born in the 70's, I have played on that too.

• Like Like x 1