Which of the two "cheap heat" edgy wrestling stable gimmick do you think would have...

Which of the two "cheap heat" edgy wrestling stable gimmick do you think would have...

• Muslim Arab Terrorist stable

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • White Supremacist/Neo Nazi Stable

• Both equally

• Other perspective

• Total voters

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Contender
caused the WWE more mainstream media heat and controversy, a Muslim Arab Terrorist stable or a White Supremacist/Neo Nazi Stable?

I know we've already had Muhammad Hassan in the past, who's gimmick was never even a terrorist yet still got written off for good just simply because of how apparently offensive his Arab gimmick was to certain groups of people. I wonder if the WWE would have received the same or worse backlash if they were to attempt a White Supremacist/Neo Nazi gimmick on a wrestler.

collim1

The Artiste
Contender
I don't think the easy heel gimmicks like that work anymore.

Make the guy a powerful threat. Make him arrogant. Make him rude. Make him unsportsmanlike and a cheat. Have him be unappreciative of the audience/fans.

The heat will come.

A Derek Vinyard-esque wrestling character would be pretty funny but in today's world of sensitive feelings and outrage over everything it would never work. And no performer's career could ever recover from the bad publicity, so good luck finding someone willing to do it.

It would be the bad kind of heat.

Last edited:

Red Rain

Rude Bullying Rebel
Technician
Anybody is capable of being a good heel. This is very easy. What's difficult is being a great babyface.

In terms of mainstream coverage, the only way for WWE to achieve this would be for them to suspend disbelief as much as humanly possible.

With Twitter, achieving this is next to impossible. The closest WWE could come would be if Brock Lesnar revealed himself as a white supremacist.

Lesnar is well known and private enough to capture people's attention. He kind of looks the part, has gone on record as saying he dislikes people and his best friend is a Jew.

On a side note, Shelton Benjamin is a godfather to one of his children but they could easily play off that in storyline.

It would never ever happen, but this is the most "believable" idea I could come up with

Reactions: Mrs Mason

Solid Snake

ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ ᴄᴀᴛ ʟɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
Chairman
Doesn't anyone remember this guy? :zeb:
They do stuff like this but in a passive way.
Vince knows it is bad for business to get carried away with it, even though we all know he thinks it is funny.

• Agree
Reactions: Red Rain

or Log in using