News Who are the leaders of WWE’s women’s locker room?

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
WWE.com
From time to time, the discussion around WWE will turn to who are “locker room leaders”. It’s clear there was a lot of respect for Undertaker when he was a regular. Roman Reigns is widely acknowledging as one of the wrestlers filling the role today.

While it’s certainly not to say everyone in the locker room doesn’t look to Reigns or another male wrestler for guidance, it stands to reason that there are leaders among the women, too. We don’t hear as much about them though, which is why LaToya Ferguson asking Sonya Deville about it for RondaRousey.com caught my eye.

Deville named two - one that I kind of figured and one which surprised me, but makes sense:

“Bayley is definitely one—she’s like the locker room leader always. She’s someone you could go to for advice or if you have questions about how things work or whoever it was, she’s definitely just a natural leader in the locker room. Becky was someone that I always went to too. Becky’s cool because she’s one of those people that leads by example. She’s not going to tell you what to do with your life, but she just carries herself in a way that’s admirable.”
Not sure why I wouldn’t have thought of Bayley. She checks all the boxes. Lifelong student of the game, gets along with everyone, has held every title in the company and also gone through stretches of creative having nothing for her. That’s definitely someone who can provide insight into how to navigate life in WWE.

So there you go. One Superstar’s answer to who the leaders of the WWE women’s locker room are.

Check out Ferguson’s entire chat with Deville, which covers everything from her MMA background to donuts, here.

Continue reading...

or Log in using