NFL Who is on your Mount Rushmore?

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
If you're familiar with sports analysts and the fun of ESPN and Fox Sports, I'm sure you've seen the Mount Rushmore discussions. You basically just pick your top four players of all time. The GOATs. So, I figured we could have a topic for picking our top four NFL players of all time.

Here's mine:

1. Tom Brady (Hate him, but can't argue with the Super Bowls)
2. Jerry Rice (Ridiculous stats)
3. Lawrence Taylor (Defensive GOAT)
4. Joe Montana (Four Super Bowls puts him over Marino/Manning/Elway/Favre/etc in my opinion)

Who is on your Mount Rushmore?

0552625b45644cf6a0b723bd9b797c73.jpeg

Geese

The Showoff
Hotshot
1. Ray Lewis--I'll never forget that Ravens defense in the 2000 season. Maybe was the greatest defense ever. One of the few teams to go from a wild-card berth all the way to winning the Super Bowl.

2. John Elway--He came back from those three lop-sided Super Bowl defeats and led the Broncos to back to back Super Bowl wins in the late 1990's. Elway was resilient.

3. Rich Gannon. I'm a Raiders fan so I'm biased. After the Raiders disastrous '98 season when they had to deal with Jeff George's groin injury drama, commentators felt they were going to re-sign George. Everyone was shocked when Jon Gruden signed journeyman Gannon to be the starting QB. Gruden turned an average QB into a Pro Bowler.

4. Barry Sanders. Great Runningback. Too bad he played for mediocre Detroit Lions teams for his career.

Last edited:

Cam

Administrator
Chairman
Ray Lewis had an incredible career. I’m a Steelers fan, so I couldn’t stand him. Let’s not forget that he is a murder.

John Elway is especially awesome since he retired after winning back to back Super Bowls. He’d almost be on my Mount Rushmore.

Rich Gannon had a couple of great seasons with the Raiders in the early 2000’s. Definitely wouldn’t put him anywhere near a Mount Rushmore list though. :P

I can definitely see putting Barry Sanders on the list, but a lot of that is due to not knowing what would have happened if he kept playing. He probably would have broken every running back record in the book.

or Log in using