On the July 1 NXT, Sasha Banks showed up for her main event with her adorable dog Ryu.
Faced with losing their July 8 main event, AEW will be doing The Boss several times better.
Actually, it’s not clear if this is happening on the main broadcast or will be more of a “second screen experience” like Animal Planet’s Puppy Bowl during the Super Bowl. But it’s good marketing either way. I mean, I’m a cat guy myself and I still want to watch those little rascals scamper around a ring and chew on referee-shaped toys. My money’s on the Orange Cassidy fan in the sunglasses.
If I can be serious for a moment (shout out to Lance Storm on Canada Day), AEW does have a challenge now that Renee Young coming down with COVID-19 has pushed their Jon Moxley vs. Brian Cage World title match to Fight For The Fallen on July 15.
Here’s what their line-up for next week looks like now:
Plus, puppies! Which will be wholesome and adorable, even if everyone of us has Jerry Lawler’s voice in our head right now.- Kenny Omega & Hangman Page (c) vs. Private Party for the AEW Tag Team championship
- Orange Cassidy vs. Chris Jericho
- FTR & The Young Bucks vs. The Butcher and The Blade & Lucha Bros
- Lance Archer (w/Jake Roberts) vs. Joey Janela
- Nyla Rose in action, and with a “big surprise and announcement”
- SCU vs. Dark Order (Mr. Brodie Lee and Stu Grayson) & Colt Cabana