Would You Watch AEW?

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Mid-Carder
As the title says. Would you watch AEW if its free/cheap. For example if its not on cable or if it ends up on something like Netflix. Of if its on a cable channel you already have.

For me personally I would definitely check it out. I wouldn't pay for it unless I got really sick of WWE and decided to dump the network and pay a similar amount for a similar service. And no matter how bad RAW gets NXT and Smackdown have been really good lately and I watch older stuff occasionally. I used to like WCW when it was good and even occasionally watch a match or promo etc from back then as WCW is on the network as well.

Reactions: Nightmare on Elm St

The Sheik

The Architect
Hotshot
I'll watch the first show and that's it.. just out of curiosity.. WWE is more than enough. I can't handle anymore wrestling in my life.

Chaz-1

Jobber
Jobber
Dave Meltzer reporting that AEW are going to compete with WWE for Brock Lesnar when his current contract expires.

I just don't get why he is so highly thought off.....is he that big a draw?

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Probably just a tactic for Lesnar to suck even more money out of Vince. True or not, I'll bet it works.

I honestly dont see the draw in the guy anymore for wrestling. UFC maybe...only because hes been successful in both. Anymore it's more annoying to see him in wwe than it is rewarding. Hes taking up the company's top spot in a part time role. Its ridiculous. And I would bet AEW would want to use him as much as possible for the $$$ they'd fork out for him. If it's not wwe then its ufc. Although on that note.... hes guaranteed pay days in wwe as a champion that he gets to dictate what happens. In the UFC he does not dictate the outcome. It would 100% be for the heavyweight title. Which as a ufc fan I absolutely hate the thought of. But he will have to actually fight. And if he wins he'll be forced to fight guys much younger than him and fairly dangerous. Makes for interesting angles.

As much as it disappoints me to type this; wwe is his home and will be for the foreseeable future.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
sure I'll give it a shot, if I keep on watching it is a different story tho. I also watched Lucha Underground when it started and then that fizzled out during the first season. But I'm definitely intrigued, especially because I didn't really keep up with NJPW but I kept up with whatever Kenny Omega was doing

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Banned
Ill try it out. I feel like its gonna be mediocre though. I have a feeling theres gonna be too many cooks in the kitchen. Too many wrestlings deciding on what they want to do creatively.

Beavie

WWEF's Resident Beav
LDW Management
I will for sure give it a chance. They are already building the foundations of a decent roster of rising stars with semi-established/established names and if they get off the ground then even if they are not "WWE level" right away, they can have a solid chunk of the wrestling pie so to speak. I think they proved with All In that they can book a good to great show with a good variety and build hype, just the catch is if they can keep it up.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Legend
I see AEW in the same light as when ROH first went to tv. I went out if my way to watch it and gave it a month to wow me. In that one month, it didn't wow me, so I stepped away. I'll activily follow AEW for one month and see how it turns out. If it has a slow start but I hear it gets better, then I'll give it another shot in my off time.

I am legitimately very excited for AEW, but I'm not going to force myself to watch something I don't like

• Agree
Reactions: Snowman

or Log in using