Wrestler Rating Series #7 - Randy Orton

How would you rate Orton as an overall wrestler on a scale 1-10?

Results are only viewable after voting.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Rising Star
They are even afraid to say 'bitch', I wouldn't say pyro is coming back anytime soon. WWE is more PG than HiHo kids.

My favorite one is probably vs John Cena. That was around the time I started watching wrestling and every their match from then kicks me with nostalgia, same thing with CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy.

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
You know as far as the respect for Orton goes...
just let me give you my own personal take on that.

Randy Orton was willing to put Jinder Mahal
over in 3 consecutive pay per view main events
for the WWE World title...

While Triple H would not even put Jinder over in
India at a house show.

😏

baseballmm

WWE Forums' Favorite Son
Technician
Facebook
chaos75jackmuir
He didn't just put Jinder over, he willingly let his wrestling persona look like a complete idiot by getting tricked by the "Singh distraction + Khallas" tactic

Don't know whether that makes me respect him more or less. Being a company man at-all-costs isn't good thing

Reactions: Grievous II

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
He didn't just put Jinder over, he willingly let his wrestling persona look like a complete idiot by getting tricked by the "Singh distraction + Khallas" tactic
True...but many, MANY WWE Performers are written/booked
to look like complete idiots...even the "Top Guys" from time
to time.

Even Roman had one of those moments when he literally
jumped into the back of an Ambulance in an Ambulance
match & lost like a moron.

Of course the WWE had to make him strong so he then
turned around & tried to MURDER his opponent...but I think
I'm the only guy who still remembers that.

Don't know whether that makes me respect him more or less. Being a company man at-all-costs isn't good thing
I don't know. I can respect anyone with a strong sense of
loyalty...no matter their cause. At least it shows they care
& have a personal investment on something.

:idk3:

baseballmm

WWE Forums' Favorite Son
Technician
Facebook
chaos75jackmuir
True...but many, MANY WWE Performers are written/booked
to look like complete idiots...even the "Top Guys" from time
to time.
The Revival are NOT idiots #FTR

Even Roman had one of those moments when he literally
jumped into the back of an Ambulance in an Ambulance
match & lost like a moron.
Hey at least there is still character consistency - Roman also yeeted himself into his car a few weeks ago, and it was hilarious

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
The Revival are NOT idiots #FTR
I know they aren't. They are one of the best tag teams
in wrestling today & I want to see them in AEW as heels
with Jim Cornette as their manager...

HOWEVER...

You cannot deny the WWE have booked them repeatedly
to look like idiots.

ey at least there is still character consistency - Roman also yeeted himself into his car a few weeks ago, and it was hilarious
HA!

Yeeted...

Wait...was that the car that magically "regenerated"
between commercial breaks on SDL? Talk about bad
continuity...

Grievous II

Revenge Of The Cringe
Legend
I was just making a joke about "Top Guys"
Oh...right...

I knew that...

😶

The car was on RAW but yeah. Instead of jumping to the side Roman jumped into his car that Rowan was clearly aiming for
Oh...I heard the "regenerating" car was on SDL...

Sounds like they just need to keep Reigns away
from all cars in general.

baseballmm

WWE Forums' Favorite Son
Technician
Facebook
chaos75jackmuir
Seth was main event in 2015 vs Brock/Roman. I checked the last 5 WrestleMania cards and Seth/Orton wasn't a match.
He lost in his match against Orton earlier in night. Then he cashed in during the Brock/Roman main event to make it a triple threat.

The loss to Orton earlier in the night set up Orton as the challenger to Seth's WWEWHC at the next PPV. It was considered a great match, especially the finish.

TheprofileofJericho

The Artiste
Mid-Carder
The only thing I ever agreed on with JBL is the legendary saying "If you build a sports entertainer from the ground up it would look exactly like Randy Orton MAGGLE" and its true. Randy was born into the business, and he lives it. He can cut a killer promo when he wants to, is one of the best heel characters of all time, and a very crisp worker. Seriously Ortons in ring work has always been way underrated, especially because he possesses great ring instincts, and psychology that many modern day wrestlers severely lack. The biggest shame with him is that WWE spent way to much time trying to make him a bland babyface, and it never worked. Lets not forget the amount of stupid storylines he has been booked in (House of Horrors, Punjabi prisons, WORMS) but that comes with the territory. I personally think that this current Randy Orton (from last summer to now) is the best version we have seen in a long ass time. Based on talent alone, Orton is a 10 for me, he embodies what a main event wrestler should be, but the company not using him properly and some of his personal issues bring it down to a 9/10.

• Agree
Reactions: baseballmm

Seto-san

The Homicidol
Legend
I'll give Orton a 6/10. He wrestles a old school style, which is cool, and when he does put in work he can put on entertaining matches, but generally I find the guy boring, which has nothing to do with his style of wrestling. He just kind of looks like he just there, if you know what I mean.

or Log in using