News WWE hires former Impact, House of Hardcore announcers

Wrestling News

The People's Champion
Legend
McKenzie Mitchell’s Twitter
There’s talk of dedicated Raw and SmackDown announce teams creating a Corey Graves-sized vacancy on one of the brands. NXT is expanding to two hours a week, and it was announced last night Nigel McGuinness is off 205 Live (replaced by former NFL player Brennan Williams, now known as Dio Maddin). There’s a FS1 studio show on the way which might take Renee Young away from Monday nights.

It’s likely we’ll see some changes to WWE’s commentary and interviewing roster.

Social media brings news of a couple additions to the talent line-up, and both have experience working for wrestling promotions.

McKenzie Mitchell worked mostly as a backstage interviewer for Impact, from 2016 until departing the company earlier this year. She’s been working for a regional Fox sport cable network out of Los Angeles since, while also doing some match commentary on the indies:

DREAM COME TRUE ⭐ your newest @WWE on-air host pic.twitter.com/6Rvtwrl25g

— McKenzie Mitchell (@mckenzienmitch) September 11, 2019
Matt Camp has lots of experiencing with pro wrestling play-by-play, as he replaced Vic Joseph as the lead announcer for House of Hardcore when Joseph signed with WWE.

My first @WWE event was 2/23/92 in @TheGarden.

Appropriately enough, this is my first week as an on-air host/digital talent for WWE.

Thanks to everyone who supported me along the way. pic.twitter.com/rCBOuGlaH4

— Matt Camp (@TheMattCamp) September 11, 2019
We’ll see where Mitchell, Camp, and all the rest of WWE’s announcing talent end up in the weeks to come.

Continue reading...

or Log in using